[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Hi,

I have been trying this out on talisman and currently using the following stuff-
Spoiler

I was wondering if you guys have any advice for me. So far normal has been a brezee, like they cant even hit me lol.

I was wondering if multiple clouds stack. What I mean is that if i shoot 2 arrows at the same location does it do double cloud stack or just refreshed the duration of the original cloud.

I intend to make it full MF with Greeds if possible. Atm my movement speed is 52 percent, was wondering how bad it would be with greeds+goldwyrm+goldrim.

Also I dont really understand how wither works, I cant see any stacks or anything. Should I just keep casting it or once is enough.

Lastly I took Shadow and plan to go full evasion, so acrobatics is must for me I suppose. I could really use help in this decision. Should I go acro or Iron reflexes and how they will benefit my MF abilities.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS- I dont have any intention to reach lvl 100, just farming to get gear is good enough atm.
"
Kurohade wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying this out on talisman and currently using the following stuff-
Spoiler

I was wondering if you guys have any advice for me. So far normal has been a brezee, like they cant even hit me lol.

I was wondering if multiple clouds stack. What I mean is that if i shoot 2 arrows at the same location does it do double cloud stack or just refreshed the duration of the original cloud.

I intend to make it full MF with Greeds if possible. Atm my movement speed is 52 percent, was wondering how bad it would be with greeds+goldwyrm+goldrim.

Also I dont really understand how wither works, I cant see any stacks or anything. Should I just keep casting it or once is enough.

Lastly I took Shadow and plan to go full evasion, so acrobatics is must for me I suppose. I could really use help in this decision. Should I go acro or Iron reflexes and how they will benefit my MF abilities.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS- I dont have any intention to reach lvl 100, just farming to get gear is good enough atm.

Hi, glad you seem to enjoy the build :)

no, clouds don't stack with each other. They expire, so sometimes shooting an arrow before one cloud expires is OK, but doesn't yield an increased damage benefit from stacking them, only from not "losing" cloud time on a target.

Full MF + Goldrim is not the intended or recommended way, if you actually meant Goldwyrms and mistyped, the MS will be rather low. And movespeed translates to clearspeed which in turn translates to profit.. I wouldn't run a Greed's Embrace if you can't use a fast attacking whirling blades on a build, but that's just personal taste.

Wither stacks on targets, not on your character. It increases damage taken, which is effectively a multiplier like Vulnerability, Concentrated Effect, Rapid Decay or Void Manipulation (but you won't see it in the tooltip).

Hm I'm not sold on IR. And this is why: Anything that can potentially oneshot you will not suddenly be negated with IR. It will oneshot you just a bit less, but oneshot you nevertheless. This comes from the nature of how armor works in the game. It prevents small hits relatively well, but has no real meaning against big hits. Also, armor is just physical, where as evasion is good for any damage incoming.
Note that we stay mobile and avoid lots of damage by simply maneuvering around, and clever players (like Serleth, for example) rarely get hit because you know the patterns and attacks of the game with time and practice.

Don't worry, you can farm from merciless (at about lvl 60+) with no end. I make all my profit from the lowest 5 Tiers of maps at the moment (and some Dried Lakes).

IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:

Hi, glad you seem to enjoy the build :)

no, clouds don't stack with each other. They expire, so sometimes shooting an arrow before one cloud expires is OK, but doesn't yield an increased damage benefit from stacking them, only from not "losing" cloud time on a target.

Full MF + Goldrim is not the intended or recommended way, if you actually meant Goldwyrms and mistyped, the MS will be rather low. And movespeed translates to clearspeed which in turn translates to profit.. I wouldn't run a Greed's Embrace if you can't use a fast attacking whirling blades on a build, but that's just personal taste.

Wither stacks on targets, not on your character. It increases damage taken, which is effectively a multiplier like Vulnerability, Concentrated Effect, Rapid Decay or Void Manipulation (but you won't see it in the tooltip).

Hm I'm not sold on IR. And this is why: Anything that can potentially oneshot you will not suddenly be negated with IR. It will oneshot you just a bit less, but oneshot you nevertheless. This comes from the nature of how armor works in the game. It prevents small hits relatively well, but has no real meaning against big hits. Also, armor is just physical, where as evasion is good for any damage incoming.
Note that we stay mobile and avoid lots of damage by simply maneuvering around, and clever players (like Serleth, for example) rarely get hit because you know the patterns and attacks of the game with time and practice.

Don't worry, you can farm from merciless (at about lvl 60+) with no end. I make all my profit from the lowest 5 Tiers of maps at the moment (and some Dried Lakes).

Thanks a lot for the reply. And yeah I meant goldrim to counter the movement penalty from greed's embrace but guess I have to decide that based on my survivability at the time of mapping. I will post here on my experience with the build.
Having good fun starting out this toon in the hope of finding some gear I can give away over the holidays - Always wanted to try a 'PA' build since the skill came out and even though I am a bit late to the DPS party it will be nice to give it a go finally.

I must say this item has been a nice boost through normal so far
TFIGEGKTB

Second Andvarius immediately pays off.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:

Second Andvarius immediately pays off.

same. not that epic, but already sold 30c shield and having
this
1 of 200 rares is worth selling by my estimates
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 18, 2015, 1:12:08 AM
"
Chronodroid wrote:
Hi,

oh pls
i enjoy rips from clever acro top 50 guys.
t3 talisman bear is my superstar, following by chaos leaper.
also ir boost clearspeed, as you can facetank most of white packs.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 18, 2015, 1:17:55 AM
"
mezmery wrote:
"
Chronodroid wrote:
Hi,

oh pls

so you say IR helps with the oneshot from bear-groundslams? No, it doesn't. Acro won't always help you, but when you evade that one big hit, it's already worth. I also die sometimes, but it's not the point of the guy's question. To start farming low content (T1-7, dried lake) IR is just as useless as energy shield if you play this build from range. No need to "face tank" anything, we are not tanks by design. If you play to "facetank white packs" something is wrong, those guys die in split seconds when you're farming anyway. But do as you like, mate.

@Ser gratz :) Glad to see you take off!

@Bawheidboob try to place firetrap or some other damage spell that benefits from the lvl 10 added chaos, normal will be even more breez-y. If you have a redgem tali, flame totem is king again :D
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
mezmery wrote:
oh pls

Iron Reflexes: get hit by a bunch of small shit at once in a rippy map, still die (can't evade anything). Get hit by a huge monster smash, still die.

Acro: bunch of small shit tries to hit you, only 20% of it hits, you survive. Get attacked by a huge monster smash, you might live and dodge it, you might not.

Thing about armour is that it has diminishing returns. If your armour value is high enough, popping a granite is about as useful as eating a sandwich mid-fight. :P

With Acro, of those 20% of the swarm shots that hit you, if you pop a granite, you barely notice them.

With proper flask usage and timing, and basically just not being an idiot, Acro will win 10/10 times compared to IR in the truly rippy situations. Iron Reflexes only real advantage is that the grey area of medium damage, you can afford to be more risky than with IR as long as it isn't a swarm of hits coming at you at once. Take Uber Atziri for example. The trio in the Abyss actually hits less hard than the Village Ruin doggy (pre-nerf), so IR sees a minor advantage there.

With Acro, you have to be top-tier with your flask timing and rolls, which is why every advanced Acro player you'll see with AT LEAST two Seething pots.

It's also why a lot of new players say evasion sucks. It doesn't. It's fucking fantastic. But you have to play it right in order for it to trump IR.

@Chrono

Did more than take off, thanks to that drop.

Spoiler

Res capped, 4k life, 14/200+

Just the 6L and gear tweaks left. Still got another 33% IIR to go on the Andies, but that can wait.

Time to start pushing challenges tomorrow.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 18, 2015, 2:08:12 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

It's also why a lot of new players say evasion sucks. It doesn't. It's fucking fantastic. But you have to play it right in order for it to trump IR.

no idea why you think that taking ir affects player ability to move properly.
i ripped 3 acro chars when i tested that stuff in beyond league(not just acro, but block acro, 2 bor\woe maxblock and 1 acro hybrid witch, wanted to be as tanky as possible while not relying on elemental damage), and back that times phys damage hadn't been ripping your face apart. none of my much squishier ci, armor and ir chars died to random blows, every death was my clear decision flaw(not noticing thunder bearers under water, not paying attention to martyr ghost, doing rippy 140+ maps late at night etc

i just suppose our arguement comes to sc\hc playing, i dont want any kind of random in my gameplay and never rely on it, staying as focused as possible.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 18, 2015, 2:26:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info