State of the Beta - Post #4

experience says that for every 2 bugs you fix a new one appears.
so which "july" do you mean? hehe
Shock Nova hype :)
"
Qarl wrote:
Last week's patch introduced a lot of changes to the beta, including the Deterministic Lockstep mode.

While we had done a lot of internal testing with it, this was the first time we have had a large scale test of the mode. It held up very well, and players seem to be enjoying it. There were a few new issues identified, though, and we are working through them.

Towards the end of last week we added additional servers to the beta in various new locations. The lower-latency play offers many players further improvements to the Deterministic Lockstep experience.

I don't know if this is a PR stunt or a joke or something else, but are you kidding? I tested Lockstep mode for 2 days and it seemed to be broken as hell. So broken, that it is completely not usable for hardcore players. It is causing at least 1 random game crash per hour. It happens the most while joining instances (no matter if town or battle areas), but there are also crashes mid combat. I was really surprised that I did not RIP during one of those.

I am having 40-80 ping and compared to the predictive mode the current state of lockstep seems to be horrible. It causes crashes somehow even if I am not using it and someone on the party is. My friends have reported similar observations, so it can not be something related to my computer's hardware or software specific.

After 2 days I could not bare it any longer and switched back to predictive mode. Worked like a charm, crashes stopped happening after that (unless I join a party with someone using it).
IGN: LeeroyLeone
good job, I encourage!
Motion to allow CB-Testers the ability to upload their live characters to the game!
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
MajorThor wrote:
Motion to allow CB-Testers the ability to upload their live characters to the game!

I'm sure they will let you do this as long as you don't mind having your character deleted at wipe...
Saved
"
LeeroyLeone wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Last week's patch introduced a lot of changes to the beta, including the Deterministic Lockstep mode.

While we had done a lot of internal testing with it, this was the first time we have had a large scale test of the mode. It held up very well, and players seem to be enjoying it. There were a few new issues identified, though, and we are working through them.

Towards the end of last week we added additional servers to the beta in various new locations. The lower-latency play offers many players further improvements to the Deterministic Lockstep experience.

I don't know if this is a PR stunt or a joke or something else, but are you kidding? I tested Lockstep mode for 2 days and it seemed to be broken as hell. So broken, that it is completely not usable for hardcore players. It is causing at least 1 random game crash per hour. It happens the most while joining instances (no matter if town or battle areas), but there are also crashes mid combat. I was really surprised that I did not RIP during one of those.

I am having 40-80 ping and compared to the predictive mode the current state of lockstep seems to be horrible. It causes crashes somehow even if I am not using it and someone on the party is. My friends have reported similar observations, so it can not be something related to my computer's hardware or software specific.

After 2 days I could not bare it any longer and switched back to predictive mode. Worked like a charm, crashes stopped happening after that (unless I join a party with someone using it).

Yeah. And that's why it still is on a TEST-Realm. To test things. Until it is all good.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on May 25, 2015, 2:25:17 PM
"
LeeroyLeone wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

I would suggest you try to mitigate your comments by ratifying that this is only what you are experiencing. I have been using DL since it launched with no problems. I'm going to infer that this means (that in its current beta state) it depends on the computer it is installed on as to what kind of experience the end-user will have.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on May 25, 2015, 2:40:21 PM
The Lockstep is AMAZING for me. Its crazy good...I have 30-40 ping and the only real crashes I have gotten i when I zone and the sound stutters and fucks the game up.

If its like this Im going to be happy, but my friends cannot play with Lockstep cuz they s**k(no they dont but it dosnt work well for them with abit higher ping)
"
60x7 wrote:
"
LeeroyLeone wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

I would suggest you try to mitigate your comments by ratifying that this is only what you are experiencing. I have been using DL since it launched with no problems. I'm going to infer that this means (that in its current beta state) it depends on the computer it is installed on as to what kind of experience the end-user will have.

Same here, lockstep has worked flawlessly for me. And my computer sucks man.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info