State of the Beta - Post #4

Any update on that patch you were putting together?
"
Tyrial1 wrote:
This is the only gaming company, to where a patch release, or Even a major Game update Takes 2+ months. Lmfao. you should have done all this months before the release. And then just released the actual thing. What a shame. Well i hope your flaws will teach you lessons on becoming a better gaming company. If not. you wont ever See top 10.

You obviously have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. Blizzard, with easily 10 times the budget and number of people working on it, routinely takes longer than that on even relatively MINOR patches that do little more than a few minor bugfixes, rebalancing a few skills, and adding a few uniques. I've seen PoE push out 2-3 patches like that in the time D3 has one running on the PTR.
"
Tyrial1 wrote:
This is the only gaming company, to where a patch release, or Even a major Game update Takes 2+ months. Lmfao. you should have done all this months before the release. And then just released the actual thing. What a shame. Well i hope your flaws will teach you lessons on becoming a better gaming company. If not. you wont ever See top 10.

:/ I'm not sure what games you're referring to, but the last game I played -- Eden Eternal of the huge MMORPG company Aeria -- took like 5-6 months to release patches with new map content (like this), which in Aeria's case were made mostly of content they didnt even have to create! All they did was translate the content from the original Asian game and add some tweaking for it to fit their cash shop system. Yet it still took them much longer than 2 months, whereas PoE is actively creating these updates, so its much more work.
PoE's pace of development seems fine to me, and I respect them a lot for creating a great game without the big company and budget other games have, and I truly think they are better for it.
let me kill you so I can summon your dead body~!! \o/
"
Justjoshin wrote:
Thank you for keeping us updated as you move along through the beta. Most developers wouldn't dream of doing this but for GGG it seems commonplace to treat your consumers with a higher level of respect!

Ditto everything said above. This is why I love you GGG and am trying to bring all my friends here. Would much rather pay my time, attention, money, etc to a company that deserves it because of their integrity!
let me kill you so I can summon your dead body~!! \o/
why don't you guys give us a real date for release instead of teasing us along for months and months like you have been?

my personal guess is late september, how far off am i?
"
why don't you guys give us a real date for release instead of teasing us along for months and months like you have been?

Because they don't know yet either? They'll release it when they're satisfied with the quality of it, but there's no way to know ahead of time how long that will be. It depends on how many issues come up and how long it takes to fix them.
The guy complaining about how long GGG takes to put out patches and expansions has clearly never played a Blizzard game, lol.... And GGG's customer service is MILES ahead of any other company I've dealt with. I've gotten a reply in HOURS instead of WEEKS with the afore-mentioned larger company, and GGG actually solved the issue each time, too.
~ Lassittor ~

Arms wide open, I stand alone. I'm no hero, and I'm not made of stone.
Right or wrong, I can hardly tell. I'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell.
Last edited by Lassittor on May 30, 2015, 2:55:17 AM
this is pretty dope
"
Lassittor wrote:
The guy complaining about how long GGG takes to put out patches and expansions has clearly never played a Blizzard game, lol.... And GGG's customer service is MILES ahead of any other company I've dealt with. I've gotten a reply in HOURS instead of WEEKS with the afore-mentioned larger company, and GGG actually solved the issue each time, too.

blizzard doesn't make promises they can't fulfill
"
"
Lassittor wrote:

blizzard doesn't make promises they can't fulfill

Of course they do, just not with release dates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info