State of the Beta - Post #4

"
We will be removing players from the beta who deliberately and repeatedly force crashes for their own benefit from the beta.

from the beta from the beta?
Hey Chris, I would really love a New Zealand gateway.

Thanks.

:D
"
waved4sh wrote:
"
We will be removing players from the beta who deliberately and repeatedly force crashes for their own benefit from the beta.

from the beta from the beta?

If they're doing it repeatedly, I'd also say they should be removed from the live servers as well. I'm guessing it's pretty obvious which ones are legitimately just doing it a few times to confirm the exact circumstances before reporting it and which are intentionally abusing it. The former is obviously ok, the ones who are doing something like "Chaos item...exalt...crash server...repeat" though, are clearly abusing.
Last edited by Hodari on May 25, 2015, 1:20:54 AM
SHOCKNOVA REWORK HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!
bye dupers sweet dream!
my english sux.
When will release the rest area of act4?
Thanx for the heads up guys. Keep it up!
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
Lockstep has worked far beyond my expectations. Additionally, the extra servers (specifically the ca one) has dropped my ping from ~80ms to ~30ms with occasional spikes.

I am curious if the difficulty will be staying as it is. A3/4 Cruel and merc both have some extreme damage spikiness while generally there is a lot less mitigation available. If it stays as is I think I can no longer play HC.
I would have to agree, I was so sad when I had 80 ping and the delay was horrible. Then like two days later... BAM new servers with almost no noticeable delay. Amazing, I will forever be using lockstep on live release. Keep up the great work GGG!
"
Rufus66 wrote:
Hey Chris, I would really love a New Zealand gateway.

Thanks.

:D

I really wish people stopped posting these.
Yes, GGG knows the game would feel best with a server in each town. Hell, I bet they'd put a server on every street if they could. However, they'd have to charge 100x more for microtransactions to be able to afford that. And that wouldn't work either because people would just stop buying them.
GGG is also using a CDN and CDNs are optimized for generic internet traffic. They'd don't care much where PoE hotspots are because those are a small portion of what they have to deal with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info