(Suggestion) Map Shards: improve your endgame mapping

"
pneuma wrote:
All the image links (puu.sh) are dead. :(

I don't even know if this is a good suggestion or not since all of the implementation is in the images.

It sounds just like more shit to roll. Realistically, I'd rather they just spend more time on adding new map affixes and maintaining existing map affixes. Much like rare itemization, the affix system is woefully lacking.

If they add this suggestion, they should make map frags blue at most, much like flasks. If not, it's "affix overload" with potentially 6 on the map and 6 on each of the fragments...

They could be 4 prop rares just like jewels and still not be THAT crazy. The thing is these aren't or weren't designed to just be a mirror of what we currently can get, but rather a rollable something else. So increasing the affixes a map can get, but these are more selective, but less rewarding as 1.

If I recall part of the discussion was about making affixes that do similar things to some of the mods, like all skeletons, so I guess those can share a similar thing, but the others were unique ones like untainted token, which unique ones are limited to 1, which removes all drops, but increases the XP gain.

To me this just adds more depth and meaning to the mapping system, while giving the player more choices. These would\could be as common as chisels and they can even perhaps be made with a recipe and destroying a map. For example could take those "shitty" core maps and break them down, assuming maybe map tier\shard level are restricted in the rolls it can get, would net some benefits.

As far as the images go I could probably describe some circumstances, I know in the first 2 pages there were many examples.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info