(Suggestion) Map Shards: improve your endgame mapping

Oh, oh my. A well polished idea with huge potential increases to gameplay depth. I think the usage restrictions are a little extreme, but may be necessary.

I feel like Zana should definitely sell these occasionally, with amount, rarity, and shard type based on her level. They'd be expensive.

Also, having shards be craftable
Spoiler
(20% map (possibly a specific one) + rare Gold ring + ??? = Shard of Wealth)
would be pretty awesome. They should only drop in maps though, I agree.
What kinds of corrupted implicits would these shards get?
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
There are really cool ideas in this, but it might make the map rolling process a bit cumbersome and too complex. You already need to store and use adequately maps from different levels, chisels, sac frags, currencies to roll, it's a whole other level of stuff to manage.
I just made my own suggestion for improving map drops before scrolling down and seeing this utter gem of a suggestion. VERY cool idea! I like it a lot.
Yo dawg, I heard you like map affixes, so I put map affixes on map annexes so you can add map affixes to your map affixes.

I don't like this suggestion, because I feel that our current map affix system is mismanaged and missing a lot of potential, and that it makes little sense to do something like this if you don't already have a healthy affix system. Same deal with implicits: should be on the maps themselves. At worst it is redundant, at best it is ahead of its time.

When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 27, 2015, 8:47:45 PM
Bump this idea, because IMO its too sick to let it have so little attention.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

True story.

What happened to all the images though? They seem to be gone :(.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Bump for support. :)
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

True story.

What happened to all the images though? They seem to be gone :(.

IDK its not my idea....had I known they were going to disappear I would have saved them.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I'm a big fan of this. I really like the idea of "I found a mod i can shove on items" crafting in general.
All the image links (puu.sh) are dead. :(

I don't even know if this is a good suggestion or not since all of the implementation is in the images.

It sounds just like more shit to roll. Realistically, I'd rather they just spend more time on adding new map affixes and maintaining existing map affixes. Much like rare itemization, the affix system is woefully lacking.

If they add this suggestion, they should make map frags blue at most, much like flasks. If not, it's "affix overload" with potentially 6 on the map and 6 on each of the fragments...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info