The forums aren't fun anymore

The forums are defiantly boring these days...
I dont see any any key!
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
The toxin not only came from GGG's side. As you can read here: Some want to "relief stress", "push the boundaries", "see how far they can get" and so on. If this mindset does not change, it is more than unfair to demand the mods to be more liberal and clear. And most of the users that went or stopped posting just left. At first shooting, they left ;)

I don't think the "toxin" came from GGG's side at all. I'm just saying that people used to push boundaries and relieve stress in a more respectful way, because they knew they'd be called out on it if they didn't. Now their stuff just gets deleted and everyone is left to wonder what was said. As more rules have been introduced, the community has become more toxic. It's precisely because there are so many boundaries now that people seem to feel compelled to push them. Take away the boundaries and replace them with common sense, and there is little left to push.

"A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. [Removed by Support]" - Snoop Dogg

Gnarrh. Snoop always wins ;)
I think we are talking about different things. I am totally with you regarding the moderation style. But i think that the users have forced it. By posting more and more shit. And by not getting that POE und GGG are going a more professional way now (or have to. or try to?).
Common sense is something you can rely on. But first this common sense must be understood by everyone who is part of this community. Look at your local sports club, gym, bowling-team, working-group whatever: Nobody shits on the field he wants to play ball at. Nobody offends his boss just to push boundaries. Nobody offends a teammate or partner just because he didn't throw the right ball. And if he does, then mostly in a way everyone agrees to. What is missing here is more like a social contract than a forum-culture. This is a business-driven forum. A company is behind it. Users have to get this. This is a forum for die-hards. That have to pay money on incentives (f2p). GGG has to get this. I get that POE is a different product than let's say D3. You have to pay not one single dime to play POE. GGG cannot handle customers like Ubisoft or EA do. They simply can't.
[Removed by Support] edit (because the removal destroyed the context): About common sense. You cannot talk about the ONE common sense. Because in my opinion there is no such thing. Things that fall under common sense in a democratic country don't mean much in war. Common sense in war makes you a fool in "normal" life etc.
So: instead of manifestos, informations and silently implemented rules, GGG should force a contract. Between Gamers and Company. Just because that would suit their (cool) style, their product, their stance towards the community and how important they are. Gamers could join the process in finding a common sense for this forum.
What we don't need: self-proclaimed William Wallaces. Che Guevaras and hysterical postings à la: "Everyone important is gone, on probation, killed." I would have expected this community that always proclaims how important this little studio called GGG is for them, more liberal on their side. One harsh wind and BOOM. Everyone is running around like chicken :(

"
Teplokot wrote:
Anyway most people will trade their freedom for safety so majority vote will always be "All hail rules"; it's pointless to argue with history of mankind.

You mixed it up a bit ;) Rules are the basis for freedom. There is no such thing like freedom in Anomy. Only if rules are implemented, people can reach their social and cultural goals in peace. And history of mankind shows, that the countries with good rules and a high standard of cultural and social goals always won. Whatever game was played ;)
Man, even nature itself knows rules. The whole nature is a web of rules.
This is not about safety. It is about a functional improvement for this community. GGG failed a bit with the first wave of rules, yeah. But the targets of this rules didn't do a great job either.

So: "All hail a social contract! Come together people, gather around the round table. Let us find a solution" :)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on May 25, 2015, 8:55:12 AM
"
k1rage wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c
Better? ;)
This forums sucks since open beta. I remember that it was a good place back in the days.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

Better? ;)

Made my days!
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

Better? ;)

Made my days!

You are welcome ;)

@GGG: IF you remove stuff from a posting, it would be very nice if you don't destroy the context ;) Thank you. Posting this officially, just to prove a point.
Wow, my snoop dogg quote got edited by support? Seriously? You people are mental. Your forums are dying and it's because you lack reasonable judgement in enforcing the relatively reasonable rules set out.

I'll be back in a few days when the salt wears off, probably. Until then I'll be working on putting forums up at wraeclast.net where people will be free to quote snoop dogg all day long if it makes them happy.

Edit: and garry, please stop sending me PM's every time you edit or remove my posts. At first it was cute and informative, now it's just annoying and you're filling up an inbox that has no spam filter. YOu want to threaten me with a 1 week probation for quoting Snoop Dogg without using any profanity? Insane. Totally insane.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 25, 2015, 9:27:16 AM
forum are maybe indeed boring but reddit is worse.
IGN TylordRampage
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Wow, my snoop dogg quote got edited by support? Seriously? You people are mental. Your forums are dying and it's because you lack reasonable judgement in enforcing the relatively reasonable rules set out.

I'll be back in a few days when the salt wears off, probably. Until then I'll be working on putting forums up at wraeclast.net where people will be free to quote snoop dogg all day long if it makes them happy.

Edit: and garry, please stop sending me PM's every time you edit or remove my posts. At first it was cute and informative, now it's just annoying and you're filling up an inbox that has no spam filter. YOu want to threaten me with a 1 week probation for quoting Snoop Dogg without using any profanity? Insane. Totally insane.

I hate it that i have not one single argument against this :/
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

I hate it that i have not one single argument against this :/

I'm gonna wade in for fun.

A quote that suggests drug dealing as a 'common sense' substitute to a university or college education might send the wrong message.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info