The forums aren't fun anymore

The regulars are on probation all the time and I even miss the blatant shitposters, that's how bad it is. I'm actually working at work instead of lurking the forums. This sucks.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I just don't understand why the "regulars" are using this forum (game specific forum), when all they do is troll. Why not debate gay marriage (in whatever forum), abortion (in a feminist forum) or the cruel history of the church (in a religious forum). Subjects born to troll with.

Leave my precious PoE alone!
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Bex seems to be having some difficulties communicating her intent to all moderators. If you encounter any moderator harshness, I recommend waiting until she's on and communicating your concerns; if you're paranoid, avoid posting when she isn't on. In time, I believe she'll get it all sorted.

All hail overlord Bex.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 20, 2015, 12:47:13 PM
To many, the forum is a game unto it's own. We've had the rules changed for the game, and have a period where we adjust to them. Normal for any modern game.

It's not the end of the forum... it's just a change to it.

Learn to play within the new rule set or suffer your time out. I got 24 hours for posting on the announcement thread "So much for anyone with a sense of humor" as the first response. They didn't like it... deleted it... and gave me my 24 hours. Perfectly within their rights and their rules. I learned from it.

If they give me 24 for this post, I guess they could. It's discussing moderation. I hope they don't. I'm not complaining about my time-out.
So you're complaining that the trolls and "shitposters" are on probation? Okay...

If you cant keep civil or dont stop blatant trolling youre better of on probation imo. The forums are not your playground to do as you will.
Closed Beta Member.
I actually enjoy visiting the forum since those posters are on probation.
They deserve it and never actually wrote anything constructive. (I think of someone special here)

If someone doesn't have anything to say, he should just stay quiet. Many don't understand that.
"
darkmatch wrote:
I actually enjoy visiting the forum since those posters are on probation.
They deserve it and never actually wrote anything constructive. (I think of someone special here)

If someone doesn't have anything to say, he should just stay quiet. Many don't understand that.

Have you ever been to popular forum that simply consists of informative, well-thought out posts?

Answer: you haven't. Those forums are never popular. Or fun.
Yes, I know. But some exaggerate with posting something if they have nothing to say.
I'm at least glad some things changed.
"
ogorhan wrote:
The forums are not your playground to do as you will.

Why shouldn't they be? This isn't wikipedia. It has no bearing on anything important at all: ever.
I support this changes, even that my thread got locked as a mistake. But people spamming around, posting literally nothing useful and in most cases troll bating, is just not good and made this community go down after closed beta. its good that GGG is pushing for this new rules.

Maybe off topic should be less strict so all trolls that want to have fun can go in there? But other parts of forum, NO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info