The forums aren't fun anymore

I feel the "illegal drugs" issue is one of the biggest new changes. In some parts of the US marijuana use is outright legal... and in the rest of the US, it's kind of a joke, likely to be legalized in the next few decades. But in NZ it is illegal and mods will now put a quick end to it. Unfortunately this makes certain "harmless" American pop culture references (notably Snoop and Jay from the Kevin Smith movies) ridiculously unquotable in these forums.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 25, 2015, 12:52:56 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I feel the "illegal drugs" issue is one of the biggest new changes. In some parts of the US marijuana use is outright legal... and in the rest of the US, it's kind of a joke, likely to fade away in the next few decades. But in NZ it is illegal and mods will now put a quick end to it. Unfortunately this makes certain "harmless" American pop culture references (notably Snoop and Jay from the Kevin Smith movies) ridiculously unquotable in these forums.

Name one place that qualifies as 1st world where crack falls into gray area of legality for recreational use like marijuana.

To me that is like discussing gun rights and one side is talking a 9mm and the other a 50 cal.

EDIT: Not to mention that using a drug is completely different than being a street dealer for drugs. Two different crimes, with the latter being significantly worse.
Last edited by Nubatron on May 25, 2015, 1:01:54 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I feel the "illegal drugs" issue is one of the biggest new changes. In some parts of the US marijuana use is outright legal... and in the rest of the US, it's kind of a joke, likely to fade away in the next few decades. But in NZ it is illegal and mods will now put a quick end to it. Unfortunately this makes certain "harmless" American pop culture references (notably Snoop and Jay from the Kevin Smith movies) ridiculously unquotable in these forums.

I think support will have common sense for things like that.

Anyway, the MonstaMunch quote mentioned questionable things, but I don't know if I should read it as an encouragement of illegal activities. Gray area, :/
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I use to hate reddit, but there is a lot less people QQing about everything over there.

Reddit look like a real fansite, here it's always the same QQing on the same 20 topic with sometime 1 thread that is fun.

The forum index "sucks" really bad. Impossible to navigate, way to much undesired information.

Please BEX, do some grouping, hierarchy in the index, it's really not fun!

I have made my own directory in my web browser, it's not normal..

Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
kinda off topic
"
Nubatron wrote:
To me that is like discussing gun rights and one side is talking a 9mm and the other a 50 cal.
The intent of the 2nd amendment was to arm the people of the United States against its government. So gun rights, as intended by the Constitution, should include 50 cals. And motherfucking tanks.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I think support will have common sense for things like that.

Anyway, the MonstaMunch quote mentioned questionable things, but I don't know if I should read it as an encouragement of illegal activities. Gray area, :/

Quoting someone who condones it to me is an implicit endorsement, even if you are only targeting the spirit of the quote.

In terms of moderation, if it is gray area you are at the whim of the moderators subjective opinion which in this instance will be the judge, jury and executioner. If someone posts something that is in the gray area, I believe that is consent to be judged inconsistently since it will be subjective.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Quoting someone who condones it to me is an implicit endorsement, even if you are only targeting the spirit of the quote.

In terms of moderation, if it is gray area you are at the whim of the moderators subjective opinion which in this instance will be the judge, jury and executioner. If someone posts something that is in the gray area, I believe that is consent to be judged inconsistently since it will be subjective.

I don't know, when it comes to citations, I think we should treat people like adults and make their judgement. The Snoop Dogg's citation wasn't talking about morality, just about intelligence, and I can't really disagree.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Wow, my snoop dogg quote got edited by support? Seriously? You people are mental. Your forums are dying and it's because you lack reasonable judgement in enforcing the relatively reasonable rules set out.

I'll be back in a few days when the salt wears off, probably. Until then I'll be working on putting forums up at wraeclast.net where people will be free to quote snoop dogg all day long if it makes them happy.

Edit: and garry, please stop sending me PM's every time you edit or remove my posts. At first it was cute and informative, now it's just annoying and you're filling up an inbox that has no spam filter. YOu want to threaten me with a 1 week probation for quoting Snoop Dogg without using any profanity? Insane. Totally insane.

thats just wrong, why would they edit that

Censorship run amok
I dont see any any key!
Oh. Now it became a gun-debate. Way to go boys. Way to go.
I don't think that this topic will get any help soon. It is quite stunning how little the feedback from GGG is. And how mistimed the moderation was. It feels like there is no real wish from both sites - company and gamers - to find a solution. It is just blindfolded activism.

I will not play the white knight or the devil's advocate anymore. Just play the game and that's it.

This - in a long row of mistakes - is a PR-desaster. And that hurts me. On a personal and professional basis.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
All off topic posts have been removed as these are considered spam. Please keep posts relevant to the thread and if you wish to discuss a different topic you are more than welcome to make a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info