Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
ephetat wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
...we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana...

There are characters who don't have access to Reduced Mana?

Atm, on the live realm, Duelist is the only class that doesn't have access to Reduced Mana (as a quest reward). The rest of the classes get in in Act 1/2 Cruel iirc.
... but you can always trade for one, so the question remains. Who doesn't have access to RM?

If this change stays, the 1% will get even more richer off the 99% looking for leveled Enlighten gems. The price of luckily colored Alpha's Howls will skyrocket. Reduced mana reservation nodes from the passive tree will be included in a lot more builds.

Attack builds (and mostly crit) get a lot of damage from stackin auras. Now with the changes to Wrath/Anger, spell users will want to use two Heralds, Wrath/Anger, Clarity and maybe (an) optional defensive aura(s).

Using Eldritch Battery will require some investment that not everyone will be able to afford skill-point wise. Basically 99% of builds will have to drop at least one aura if they don't invest into aura reservation passives. I can see a lot of salty people respeccing their characters, realizing that they lost a significant amount of damage from the RM, crit etc nerfs, and because they don't have a leveled Enlighten.

If we think about that we'll have level 82 maps... We'll need some more hp nodes, we'll need a leveled Enlighten or invest into mana reservation nodes to keep our DPS somewhat like before, we'll have to adapt to the EB change, and even though we'll get 3 more skill points... idk how I feel about this.

I don't understand the reasoning behind this change. You just replaced Reduced Mana with Enlighten. Problem is (as many pointed it out) that Enlighten is a drop-only gems, takes fucking ages to level up, requires a shit ton of luck to corrupt it to level 4... you get it. Most of the playerbase will not have access to a level 4 Enlighten. This will cause massive qq. That I know. You should just say that you want the era of aura-stacking to end.

But most importantly: what are we gonna use all our lvl 20 Reduced Mana gems for? Most people have 1-2 per character.

tldr:
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
Do not put wealth gates on build diversity. Poe's best feature is build diversity.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on May 8, 2015, 12:55:46 AM
I don't like rare hard to level gems such as Empower, Enhance and Enlighten being seemingly mandatory for end game builds. Empower is already at that point for some builds but thankfully not every build.

However with Enlighten being the only way to reduce aura reservation... It's just to powerful, the difference between 3 to 4 or even 5 auras for the end game is just massive. Every top end character will need an Enlighten gem.

I'm totally fine with the idea behind the change to reduced mana not effecting auras. That allows you to make auras stronger on their own and I think thats good. I just do not look forward to the future of farming and buying Enlighten gems for every single character.

All you really did was change the name of reduced mana, turn it blue and make it harder to get. Not cool. Either remove the effect of reducing aura reservation via a support or leave it on reduced mana. I agree that enlighten needs to be more useful but this is not the way.
Last edited by Lionguild on May 8, 2015, 12:56:21 AM
When I first saw the patch I was so excited. finally finally ggg is getting rid of the stupid mandatory gems like reduced mana, maybe even multistrike and spell echo.

And then I saw that they just turned it from red to blue and claimed that as an imorovemenT. I mean I love you guys but this is stupid as fuck. your grand idea is to break the countless hatred/grace melee builds? Now only rich players can do those builds? It just cries out with hypocrisy and incoherence.

Do not put wealth gates on build diveraity. Poes best feature is build diversity.
Hardcore
Before everyone in here panics: This means that in the early game every character will have a more easy way on running their desired auras before going into cruel and getting their reduced mana, which in the early levels doesn't even do much. Some even have to trade for a reduced mana.
Especially the change to clarity makes it so much easier for spell casters to sustain their mana early on. Also, as mentioned there will be more reduced aura reservations on the tree. I assume in the long term with a decent enlighten gem (which everyone always complained about being useless) and some aura nodes on the tree, you will eventually be able to run more auras then it is possible now (especially low life builds. Saw the new quality on BM?). It just takes a little more investment.
To me this is a interesting change, that might turn out to be much better than the current system. Noone in here should be so negative on the first glance. This is still a beta after all..
"
hellfurian wrote:

it's just gonna cost a ton of exalts now to buy 2 level 4 enlightens and rechrome all my gear. not a fun change. not at all.

You run reduced mana in every piece of gear?
I was with you until you said that last line.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
Double post.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
Last edited by TheMaker51 on May 8, 2015, 1:12:28 AM
Thing is, though, you don't really need auras early game. You could previously get reduced mana at 31. I can't really think of any builds that required auras before 31. All this means is that levelling from 1-31, which is already rather trivial, will be a bit easier. In exchange, everyone's character at endgame is about 20% weaker unless they can afford a levels enlighten.

Bad trade.
Last edited by sfangwb on May 8, 2015, 12:58:27 AM
It sounds like a buff to auras. Lowering the overall reservation cost. If this equals out with reduced mana.. then the new enlighten change could mean that we get more auras than before.

If enlighten is being redesigned, it may become a 1-20 gem instead of 1-3/ The old ones may become legacy trash.
Last edited by rob16437 on May 8, 2015, 1:01:04 AM
"
rob16437 wrote:
It sounds like a buff to auras. Lowering the overall reservation cost. If this equals out with reduced mana.. then the new enlighten change could mean that we get more auras than before.

It doesn't equal out with reduced mana. They've dropped base aura costs by just under 17%, which is like a level 8 reduced mana.

There's also no reason to make Enlighten 1-20, as then you've just defeated the entire point of the change in the first place (of course, making Enlighten change reserved mana at all defeats the point too, as you still have to balance gamebreaking combos around it just like you did old Reduced Mana).
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on May 8, 2015, 1:02:38 AM
"
rob16437 wrote:

If enlighten is being redesigned, it may become a 1-20 gem instead of 1-3/ The old ones may become legacy trash.

It doesn't equal out. The beta numbers on the "reductions" are paltry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info