Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

55% reduced mana cost from tree, 45% from 21 lvl RM? Some jewels with rm. Very interesting changes that open lots of option I think. But why no just new support gem for aura reservations?
The enlighten change seems ridiculous, I'm sorry. Honestly, I'd like to see you guys balance auras to where they aren't mandatory for all builds.
I don't like this change.

The problem is, is doesn't do what it sets out to do. All you're doing is replacing reduced mana with enlighten. Reduced mana used to be mandatory, now enlighten will be, except enlighten is much rarer, and as you said, will require corruption to reach the same levels. I feel like this will just result in an even greater wealth disparity than exists already. Rich players will have no problem buying up lvl 4 enlightens, and poor players will have to go without. It will still be necessary to reduce the amount of mana you reserve regardless, many builds have enough issues with mana sustainability as-is to be able to just play with 10% or so less mana than before. It just means that builds like cyclone, for example, will be forced to use blood magic again, or use mana leech gem, which really doesn't in any way make things better for anyone at all.

Either remove reduced mana reservation entirely and further reduce aura reservations or reverse this change and make reduced mana work again. Anything else is silly and will be detrimental to the enjoyment of the majority of player's game experience. The choice between having to run even fewer auras/heralds (which kills quite a few builds) or having to fork out a ton of currency to be able to run builds like buzzsaw or ele wander is not fun at all. You're just gating a bunch of builds behind a currency wall.
Switching the Reduced Mana gem for the Enlighten gem is a terrible idea. Just buff the mana reservation nodes on the tree.
but what about mortal conviction? does that mean it gets a buff with those changes?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
One last thing; never ever balance around the top end potential.

Just because something has the capability of being overpowered if an insane amount of high-end gear is used, doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed. 99% of the players will never get there, so you're just pissing off 99% of your players to get at the 1% who can actually abuse the mechanics. This is not good design.

I just say this because I've noticed this seems to be a trend in balancing recently, and I really think it needs to be reconisidered.
So enjoying this atm. Can't get enough of how now every single one of those people that actually gave money to ggg for whatever reason have to swallow this and say that they all support this action. Haha, how must they all feel like but have to suck it up. Love it and their silent tears lolol. GG ggg, ultimate of trolling haha.
So, basically what you're planning to do is just swapping Reduced Mana with Enlighten? Great job, really -.- this makes the new players play the game even less interested and motivated.
So much Salt......

I actually like the new reduced mana. Also, why shouldn't Enlighten become a powerful gem? Its not even as good as the old reduced mana, yet everyone is complaining how its mandatory and they won't have level 4s.

Empower is pretty much mandatory for most spells, and you don't see everyone throwing a fit about it. Enlighten was literally crap, and now it has a place as being a buff to auras. You don't HAVE to have a level 4, and can use a level 3 until you can obtain a level 4 one.
"
So enjoying this atm. Can't get enough of how now every single one of those people that actually gave money to ggg for whatever reason have to swallow this and say that they all support this action. Haha, how must they all feel like but have to suck it up. Love it and their silent tears lolol. GG ggg, ultimate of trolling haha.

I gave them my money =(
Now, on the bright side. Are you guys from GGG planning to make new exclusive supporter packs with exclusive mtx for totems? Cause they'll be the only diversity at the realm. Profit.
Last edited by Ttanik on May 8, 2015, 12:40:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info