Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Concept83 wrote:
From what I can tell from watching streams and reading other posts about skill changes; is that A LOT of skills are getting buffs and the such so that having to run a ton of auras will throw the balance off the skills by a lot. Especially since they changed shotgunning, auras had to be changed. I saw Ziggy running the new split arrow with 5 auras and it was insanely strong. So because of the skill changes and the EB changes, they had to nerf the amount of Auras so that they don't break the game. People calm down, with Jewels and other changes, I don't think damage will be an issue. Most builds will possibly survive with running 2-3 auras instead of 4-5.

Now they need to fix the new EB, that's the real issue.

I used the beta aura calculator, with my 22% from tree and no reduce mana gem I can't run grace/haste/purity...so idk where you get those numbers at...id have to pick up the wheel above ranger to be able to do what I had before...that's why im pissed!!!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 10, 2015, 7:35:59 PM
"
I used the beta aura calculator, with my 22% from tree and no reduce mana gem I can't run grace/haste/purity...so idk where you get those numbers at...id have to pick up the wheel above ranger to be able to do what I had before...that's why im pissed!!!

What I mean is that you could say run 1 defensive or offensive 50% aura and then say a clarity and a herald. You're upset because you're used to the old system, I'm sure there will be jewels where you could bypass the need for the cast/attack speed of haste (yeah move speed will hurt but you can run vaal haste). I'm just saying you'll adjust to the new system since damage is being buffed across the board and thus the need to nerf auras so that the game won't be as much faceroll as it is non-beta.
"
Concept83 wrote:
"

What I mean is that you could say run 1 defensive or offensive 50% aura and then say a clarity and a herald. You're upset because you're used to the old system, I'm sure there will be jewels where you could bypass the need for the cast/attack speed of haste (yeah move speed will hurt but you can run vaal haste). I'm just saying you'll adjust to the new system since damage is being buffed across the board and thus the need to nerf auras so that the game won't be as much faceroll as it is non-beta.

Im a summoner, so doubtful! I normally would run hatred instead of grace, but I like having the defense...I shoot up from like no avoidance to 32%...and it helps with the minions defense as well. Aura's are really are only defensive/offensive options after minion passives....this change just sucks!!! And those gems will be out of my reach, they already cost a pretty penny...and then leveling and trying to get a corrupt, bah...makes me wanna bang my head into a wall...totally stupid!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 10, 2015, 9:03:11 PM
great another change to take some builds away from all the people who cant play 40+ hours per week - gratulations
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Pathological wrote:

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just failed grade 3 maths, but 10% of zero experience is still zero experience. A corrupted enlighten will not gain experience.

The literal effect of this change is that you require ZERO investment to run two auras and massive investment to run 3 or more - approximately 80% more points than you used to need depending on how close your build runs to a third aura cluster.

It's a really badly thought out change, there is no question about it. Even without the enlighten aspect, it means that in the new meta, cluster nodes won't get touched at all in 80% or more of builds. Where you used to be able to put in a moderate investment for a moderate return on auras, you now can't. That option is gone.

this certainly appears to be gaining xp
Or, it was corrupted with that amount of xp on it.
"
Pathological wrote:
Or, it was corrupted with that amount of xp on it.

I'll say it again, corruption does not prevent a gem from gaining xp. If it did, vaal skills would never level. Corrupted gems level just fine. So you're just really wrong. You just can't corrupt them for the +1 level, which a lot of people would like to do with enlighten, not to mention he didn't quality enlighten first, which would have given it much better xp, than a corruption and that jewel anyway.
such a stupid change, you guys are nerfing things that don't need nerfing and changing things that don't need changing. this "expansion" is path of idiotic changes....
So, Enlighten gem doesn't enlighten anymore?
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.
so has everyone forgotten that they have said in the past that people weren't suppose to be able to run tons of auras they were intended to be used in groups .Everyones complaining they cant run 4-5 auras anymore but you were only intended to be able to run 1 or 2 without specific uniques or keystones in the first place.
Yeah some developers need to use the "Enlighten" gem themselves to see this change is horrible. RM is a requirement, ok, lets make another gem that is harder to get and harder to level be the new requirement!

Did you guys change dev team... or why are new ideas mostly inferior to the ones devs had at the start of the game?
IGN: LessBow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info