Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Pathological wrote:

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just failed grade 3 maths, but 10% of zero experience is still zero experience. A corrupted enlighten will not gain experience.

The literal effect of this change is that you require ZERO investment to run two auras and massive investment to run 3 or more - approximately 80% more points than you used to need depending on how close your build runs to a third aura cluster.

It's a really badly thought out change, there is no question about it. Even without the enlighten aspect, it means that in the new meta, cluster nodes won't get touched at all in 80% or more of builds. Where you used to be able to put in a moderate investment for a moderate return on auras, you now can't. That option is gone.

this certainly appears to be gaining xp
Make Things For Smile!
I guess these items will now be much more valuable
I understand needing to shift the build meta, but instead changing it from requiring a reduced mana to requiring an enlightened to achieve the same effect seems ridiculous and pointless. Some of these aura builds already invest 14+ points in aura nodes, not including the points needed to get to the aura nodes.
I liked the "Limit: 1 Aura" with +aura stats, personally.

Always thought reducing maximum mana was silly. Coulda just made it a third resource ("Spirit" is one label) for passive force multipliers since everyone has to use them.
"
I liked the "Limit: 1 Aura" with +aura stats, personally.

Always thought reducing maximum mana was silly. Coulda just made it a third resource ("Spirit" is one label) for passive force multipliers since everyone has to use them.

As an endgame character that actually uses blood magic on a high life build that refuses to use auras I highly disagree with you. Auras, like everything else, are a choice. That and mana technically is "spirit". Blood magic by that point would be one who is of mind, body, and soul the same substance, very monklike. Interesting metaphysical description of blood magic eh?
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Between this change and the change to EB Rory has proven himself to be dangerously incompetent at balancing the game. Hopefully someone better suited for the job will take the reins and salvage 2.0 before the beta is finished and Rory's horrible design decisions reach the live realms.

I think you are dangerously close to saying someone isn't good at their job. Perhaps you think you could do the job better? The job isn't being done up to your standards? Boo hoo... If you walked into my establishment with that rude and condescending attitude... well, you know where the door is.

You are the one with a piss poor condescending attitude. It would be fun having you try to kick me out of "your establishment" the result would surprise you greatly.

And yes I could do a better job balancing auras and EB than Rory. Any long term player with decent PoE experience could.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Pathological wrote:

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just failed grade 3 maths, but 10% of zero experience is still zero experience. A corrupted enlighten will not gain experience.

The literal effect of this change is that you require ZERO investment to run two auras and massive investment to run 3 or more - approximately 80% more points than you used to need depending on how close your build runs to a third aura cluster.

It's a really badly thought out change, there is no question about it. Even without the enlighten aspect, it means that in the new meta, cluster nodes won't get touched at all in 80% or more of builds. Where you used to be able to put in a moderate investment for a moderate return on auras, you now can't. That option is gone.

this certainly appears to be gaining xp

I'm pretty sure his point was that you can't get a lvl4 enlighten by levelling a corrupted enlighten. So that corrupted jewel is useless. It will always be better to spend your time levelling an uncorrupted gem because it will hold much more value since it can still reach lvl4 with corruption.

You can but both are viable methods of leveling the gem. If you aim for level 3 you can achieve that some what quicker, if you "need" level 4 you are going to have to work for that as normal.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 10, 2015, 4:56:33 AM
If you move mana reservation to Enlighten, it makes absolutely no sense - it is contradictive to why you removed it from Reduced Mana Gem.

Just remove reservation from all gems together, or leave it as it is. Putting it on a rarer, where rich players will have access to builds most people won't (on a skill gem, rather than an item level) is pretty crappy.

Not everyone could afford empower level 4, but it wasn't required for a build to function. Mana reservation has a huge impact on build functionality, so I will always be against a change like this.

Please do not allow this backwards change to occur. As others have mentioned, one step forward, two steps back.

ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
Last edited by iMbaQ on May 10, 2015, 5:15:56 AM
Imho terrible idea, leave red mana as it is you already nerfed lowlife builds to the ground why punish even more? Besides not everybody can afford a lvl 4 Enlighten im speaking for the people here lol. Reduced mana is or should i say soon was for everybody now you want to make it so the rich only have acces to a "new" "red mana" A.k.A Enlighten? Not even mediocre players will have acces to a high Enlighten since they will be 80 exalts +.
I just started to like you guys again and got some supporter packs, wow guess i was wrong if u pull this Enlighten idea off. Was so hyped for a4 but this is just bullshit tbh.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
And yes I could do a better job balancing auras and EB than Rory. Any long term player with decent PoE experience could.

I feel sad for GGG atm.
The team can't even run tests on a beta... The "Closed" Beta should have stayed really closed.

After many changes and patches, the game is still evolving and with my little knowledge, the build diversity is still here (take a look at class' forums).

If any development team comes with the right approach every time they want to introduce/modify something, why the need of a beta ?

There are still many things to discover from the beta. If the main feedback is this kind of reaction, you can't expect any tweak that go in the right direction.

People are too spoiled nowadays...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info