Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

Update on Deterministic Lockstep

Was really looking forward to testing this out because I am out of sync id say about 50% of the time I play, all my skills have a .5-1 second delay when the server seems to be busy.

My Lat is usually around 90-130. I was really looking forward to using this but it sounds like it will not work well for me because I have a Lat over 100...

I will test it out anyway I have been hoping for this since I started playing.

Thanks guys awesome job!
Last edited by LtGnar on May 8, 2015, 1:04:16 PM
Thank you. Finally adressing one of my biggest (if not the biggest) concerns with the game :)
Thank You
This news >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
all new content :D ;)
Spoiler

Nice ! It will be super awesome ! :D
I can't wait ! :D
- Super Saltyajin God -
For the love of humanity, please do not make it an automated feature. Latency changes a lot when you switch to playing in a party, usually for the worse, if this feature is jumping on and off and back on again, you never know what you're dealing with.

Since we're all nailed to the server, at least let us choose the kind of nail we have to deal with. Nothing is more disturbing than inconsistance.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Now if you finally decide to reset the legacy bullshit and/or mtx bullshit to get away from a game that's become only interesting to a couple of nerd elitists playing 80h/weeks, we can talk again :)

No seriously, great improvement for the game.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
May i suggest coming up with additional simpler terms than Deterministic Lockstep and Client Predictive?
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Awesome! I cant imagine playing poe without desync and without holding the shift button most of the time.
"
LtGnar wrote:

My Lat is usually around 90-130. I was really looking forward to using this but it sounds like it will not work well for me because I have a Lat over 100...

I will test it out anyway I have been hoping for this since I started playing.

I'm not pretending to know better than the devs about their code, but the older method surely doesn't improve your latency with magic if it's already not that good to being with.
(not saying that 130ms is too bad anyway)

Even if you have a slightly higher latency, the most important factor is if it's stable.
In that case you should still see an improvement since you can actually see your latency and that number reflects what you should expect with the new method (assuming it's working properly, of course). No preambles, no extra layers of code.

If it's unstable to the point where your average latency itself has little meaning (ie: average of 180 ranging from 60 to 300) or if it's simply too high for these kinds of twitchy games, then sorry but there's no magic solution for your problem.
The older method tries to soften the blows, but get a better connection if you can (and switch to the new method then).

"
unsane wrote:
May i suggest coming up with additional simpler terms than Deterministic Lockstep and Client Predictive?

Those are specific terms used for algorithms and simulations, anything more simple would be inaccurate or require an article by itself (that you could easily find elsewhere).
Last edited by Darkwings83 on May 8, 2015, 4:00:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info