Update on Deterministic Lockstep

holy shit. Best update ever.
Hi Chris.
I would like to know what percent of users you believe has under 100 ms latency?
I don't know if you can calculate stats like this,but it would be nice to know how many users will benefit from deterministic lockstep.
Thanks.
I haven't played in over a year, this alone is enough reason to give the game another chance.
I quit poe due to desync, the desync was unbearable. Without knowing i chose some builds that caused a lot of desync. First i tried dual hand cyclone/phys dmg, there was so much desync that I couldn't handle it i quit poe for a while and after the patch with the "fixed cyclone" i tried fakener, less desync but still noticeable especially when a death at lvl 89 costs, high level maps are not cheap...
Then I wanted to try a more static build... "lightning tendrils" with increased are of effect, the desync was considerably worse than the first cyclone build, I desynced every 5 seconds with more than 2-3 seconds delay and I would like to mention that my internet connection is aweome with a 30ms-40ms latency...and i quit.

I'm curious if this patch will really fix desync
New era for POE. I cant wait. Fixing the only issue I have with an otherwise flawless arpg.

GG.
"
PinkyDinky wrote:
New era for POE. I cant wait. Fixing the only issue I have with an otherwise flawless arpg.

GG.

Flawless you say?

If skill gems would not occupy any space in your inventory ( for example , a skill page with infinity room for gems )

If stash tabs wouldn't be hard locked behind a real money payment wall.

And if trading could be done without typing shit in chat as if this were a 1992 mud, you know ... like having something as outrageous as a market.

And
if non fire or physical reflect could be mitigate-able, outside using boring totems.

---------

Then it would be almost flawless, barring desync of course, which this change promises to fix, but is yet unclear weather it actually will.
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
Last edited by MegaDeth666 on May 8, 2015, 7:10:21 PM
Awesome!
we'll see
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
I am incredibly excited for this! I am also very impressed with the lengths GGG has gone to fix some foundational issues with the game, in this case desync. Many companies would just ignore these problems unless it was in their short-term monetary benefit to fix them, whereas GGG has respected players' feedback and has gone to great lengths to try and solve a problem that is not easily fixed. Thank you!

Will Deterministic Lockstep mode roll out only after the beta is complete and the expansion is out, or are there plans to release it before then to Live servers?
Last edited by Nicksiren on May 8, 2015, 10:56:04 PM
I'd speculate that this mode will also be desirable for those of us regularly spiking 500-2000+. Even though it will be annoying to have the game freezing, in terms of player control this essentially already happens. It seems preferable in a game like this to retain total player control letting people react to what they see on the screen.

It sounds like it will also safeguard against those character deaths where the client never recovers sync and the player is not shown what happened.
Last edited by lumpycustards on May 8, 2015, 11:42:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info