Update on Deterministic Lockstep

Flicker Strike will be viable now ?
Dream with me !
"

No, because
CB spoiler
iirc, flicker quality got gutted.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
TikoXi wrote:
"

No, because
CB spoiler
iirc, flicker quality got gutted.

Oh lol, really ? But at least the problem with the desync while using it got fixed right ?

What's the quality of FS now btw?
Dream with me !
Huge news. Cam the normal players outside of beta get this fancy smancy improved Client Predictive?
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
Erak wrote:
Huge news. Cam the normal players outside of beta get this fancy smancy improved Client Predictive?

Seeing as a) it's not even in Beta yet, and b) will need to be heavily tested in the Beta once it's there...

I'm betting not until the Awakening is released (or darn close to that time anyway).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
diernes wrote:
Some of you people need to realize the "Desync" method is actually in many ways superior. Input delay is the worst thing in online games bar none.

The sad part is, GGG does such a good job of explaining it, but the derps of the world refuse to read more than the first 5 works of any post. They wouldn't understand it anyway. Get ready for the forums to be engulfed in flames when they actually experience lockstep mode.
"
Augusten wrote:
Get ready for the forums to be engulfed in flames when GGG does anything at all.

FTFY.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
alxuser890 wrote:
Client Predictive is the only option for me, please keep it in the game even after beta.

Don't worry, they'll keep it, and it will continue to be the more used option. Most who try lockstep will flame GGG when they understand what it is and run back to predictive. It's great GGG spent the time, too bad derps can't take the time to read GGG's short informative post.
"
Augusten wrote:
"
diernes wrote:
Some of you people need to realize the "Desync" method is actually in many ways superior. Input delay is the worst thing in online games bar none.

The sad part is, GGG does such a good job of explaining it, but the derps of the world refuse to read more than the first 5 works of any post. They wouldn't understand it anyway. Get ready for the forums to be engulfed in flames when they actually experience lockstep mode.

Yeah it will be so funny :D now 90% of the people think that the new netcode will be awesome and that there is no downside... and when it's released people will start to cry about the bigger delay while playing.
I'd greatly appreciate it if, when it's time to start publishing a proper change log, if you guys could go over some of the larger, layman-understandable changes to predictive sync.

Thanks!
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info