The Guide to Loot Filters

This is a thing now, btw. Tested and working.

Height > 2
Width 1
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Interesting, will have to write up that section next.
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
Updated with height and width parameters (updated via my phone so please let me know if anything is wrong)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^
"
NCPereira wrote:
What is the difference between:

Class "Fishing Rod"

and

Class Fishing Rod

?

The other explanations I've seen haven't been quite right, at least as I understand it. It'd be slightly different if this were the "BaseType" tag.

Functionally, all the quotes do is allow you to treat a token-that-includes-spaces as a single entity instead of accidentally splitting it up into two different tokens. That is,

Class "Fishing Rod"

will match any item of a class which includes the entirety of the text "Fishing Rod": for instance, "Fishing Rod Handles" or "Fishing Rod Paint" but not any class which includes just "Fishing" or just "Rod."

Class Fishing Rod

will attempt to compare your item against two potential groups of classes: one which includes everything with "Fishing," and one which includes everything with "Rod." A "Fishing Rod" would match both of these, although (assuming an efficiently coded interpreter) it would stop searching for "Rod" as soon as it realized the item matched "Fishing" (where the first line, with the quotes, would force it to match both). In addition to "Fishing Rod Handles" and "Fishing Rod Paint," this would match things like "Fishing Hole" or "Iron Rod."

Functionally, the two are basically the same because we don't have any other classes which include the word "fishing" or "rod," but the first is better coding for finding fishing rods. The second risks some unintentional inclusions (for instance, an identified "Reverberation Rod," though since it only matches class Wand that isn't actually a problem).
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
As a better (I think; I might be wrong, haven't tested this) example of why you should always use quotes for multi-word tokens, consider the following:

I want to find all one-handed swords, thrusting and otherwise. So, I include the line

Class One Hand Swords

When an item drops, this first looks for any class which includes "One." This will mark: One Hand Swords, Thrusting One Hand Swords, One Hand Axes, One Hand Maces

If it doesn't match those, it'll attempt to match on "Hand." This will mark: Two Hand Swords, Two Hand Axes, Two Hand Maces

Failing both of those, it'll attempt to match on "Swords." This will not mark anything additional, because One Hand Swords, Thrusting One Hand Swords, and Two Hand Swords have already been included.

Now, whatever styling you include will be applied to all of the above classes of weapons. If you really only want One Hand Swords and Thrusting One Hand Swords, use

Class "One Hand Swords"
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Last edited by SayyadinaAtreides on May 15, 2015, 2:53:57 PM
"
"
NCPereira wrote:
What is the difference between:

Class "Fishing Rod"

and

Class Fishing Rod

?

The other explanations I've seen haven't been quite right, at least as I understand it. It'd be slightly different if this were the "BaseType" tag.

Functionally, all the quotes do is allow you to treat a token-that-includes-spaces as a single entity instead of accidentally splitting it up into two different tokens. That is,

Class "Fishing Rod"

will match any item of a class which includes the entirety of the text "Fishing Rod": for instance, "Fishing Rod Handles" or "Fishing Rod Paint" but not any class which includes just "Fishing" or just "Rod."

Class Fishing Rod

will attempt to compare your item against two potential groups of classes: one which includes everything with "Fishing," and one which includes everything with "Rod." A "Fishing Rod" would match both of these, although (assuming an efficiently coded interpreter) it would stop searching for "Rod" as soon as it realized the item matched "Fishing" (where the first line, with the quotes, would force it to match both). In addition to "Fishing Rod Handles" and "Fishing Rod Paint," this would match things like "Fishing Hole" or "Iron Rod."

Functionally, the two are basically the same because we don't have any other classes which include the word "fishing" or "rod," but the first is better coding for finding fishing rods. The second risks some unintentional inclusions (for instance, an identified "Reverberation Rod," though since it only matches class Wand that isn't actually a problem).

Thanks a lot for your post, really appreciated.

I have to admit the previous explanations weren't good but I didn't want to sound like I douche so I gave up and didn't ask again.

Your answer explained it perfectly. Really appreciated! +1000 kudos
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
Thanks for the explanation SayyadinaAtreides :)
Stickied! Thanks Henry
Large update
Merged with original sticky
  • Quick Guide
  • Using Quotation Marks for Classes - An explanation
  • My filter is not working, what do I do?
  • Base Item name changes 19th May 2015
Last edited by davros70 on May 19, 2015, 2:20:17 AM
Congrats on a post worthy of stickiness.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info