State of the Beta

"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Qarl, the problem with Jewel mods rolling two different weapon types only applies to weapons you can't dual wield. Please be sure to allow the Dagger+Sword mods on the same Jewel that you gave as an example. It's only broken when you roll Staff+1Handed, or Wand+Dagger. Only the combinations you literally can't use are a problem. Basically, a Jewel shouldn't be able to roll another weapon mod if it already has a 2 Handed or Ranged mod.
I'll be sad if I can't get that perfect Claw+Dagger Jewel with dual wield block and attack speed...

We have definitely had complaints about mixed weapon jewels even where they could be duel wielded.

Thanks for the direct response. :D

And that's really disappointing to me. I feel like that capability definitely adds to the dynamism of Jewels. Maybe the solution is to make dual weapon mods a hybrid mod, so you could roll a single weapon mod that has more damage, or a dual weapon mod that's (roughly) equivalent when wielding both types specified?
You probably get it, but "8% Increased damage with Daggers" vs "5% Increased damage with Daggers and Claws" or something along those lines.
You probably couldn't get both Dagger and Claw+Dagger on the same Jewel. Would be fun though.

We have discussed specific unique jewels for rewarding specific mixed weapon dual wielding builds.

In practice diluting mods for different weapon types doesn't fit in with min-maxing the game. Rapiers and daggers were intended to be complimentary, but its hard to make the tree and skills also support that. A unique jewel with pushed stats may be able to support mismatched dual wielding specifically.

Buff Ethereal Knives
"
nadnerb wrote:
Buff Ethereal Knives

The beta feedback thread is a much better place to post this. You may also want to explain your experience in the beta that leads you to this suggestion!

if you guys make spectres skill gem like animate guardian, remove the downscaling and improve the AI of skeletons then you can take 3 more months!

We want the best, don't disappoint us this time...
"
Qarl wrote:
As well as refinement to the existing changes we still have the following things to address:

Minion life and damage
Vaal pact and leech changes
Item mod rebalance
New top tier mods
Unique rebalance
XP gains, and the race to 100 rebalance
Map balance
Master progression changes

It would be more helpful to know WHAT refinements you're aiming for... for example, is minion life/damage currently too high/low? Are players currently leveling too fast/slow? Master progression too fast/slow? Knowing where you're leaning helps us give better feedback.
can we get an ETA on the start date of the new 1mo league?
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

We have definitely had complaints about mixed weapon jewels even where they could be duel wielded.

Thanks for the direct response. :D

And that's really disappointing to me. I feel like that capability definitely adds to the dynamism of Jewels. Maybe the solution is to make dual weapon mods a hybrid mod, so you could roll a single weapon mod that has more damage, or a dual weapon mod that's (roughly) equivalent when wielding both types specified?
You probably get it, but "8% Increased damage with Daggers" vs "5% Increased damage with Daggers and Claws" or something along those lines.
You probably couldn't get both Dagger and Claw+Dagger on the same Jewel. Would be fun though.

We have discussed specific unique jewels for rewarding specific mixed weapon dual wielding builds.

In practice diluting mods for different weapon types doesn't fit in with min-maxing the game. Rapiers and daggers were intended to be complimentary, but its hard to make the tree and skills also support that. A unique jewel with pushed stats may be able to support mismatched dual wielding specifically.

Hmm, I'd prefer having two weapon mods being very rare over eliminating the possibility completely though. Too bad.

A Unique Jewel that rolls two random one handed melee weapon types to grant bonuses to would be really fun. Kind of a Rogue's Roulette sort of thing, ha.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"

They literally said that will be tomorrows news. Reading is not that hard.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Qarl, the problem with Jewel mods rolling two different weapon types only applies to weapons you can't dual wield. Please be sure to allow the Dagger+Sword mods on the same Jewel that you gave as an example. It's only broken when you roll Staff+1Handed, or Wand+Dagger. Only the combinations you literally can't use are a problem. Basically, a Jewel shouldn't be able to roll another weapon mod if it already has a 2 Handed or Ranged mod.
I'll be sad if I can't get that perfect Claw+Dagger Jewel with dual wield block and attack speed...

The complaints must have came from the side of the player base that plays exclusively by copying existing build plans. Having wild combinations of mods possible is what will keep the experimenters happy and busy long into the future.

Where one man sees nothing, another may see a possibility to explore. Please consider leaving some room for those of us not obsessed with efficiency! :)
"
MagicalMrE wrote:
"

They literally said that will be tomorrows news. Reading is not that hard.

such a ridiculous amount of waiting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info