State of the Beta

I dont think theres any point complaining about a lack of a definite date.

Due to the dynamic and iterative nature of game design/balance, there are 2 logical ways you could set a release date.

1. Set the date so far back so that no matter what happens, you are sure your content will be ready in time, and if you finish early you can work on adding some fluff.

2.Give a relative time frame of "when it's done, we will give it to you. Here is our expectation, though it might change".

Which would you prefer?

I know delay is needed. but standard league is too boring. no changes past few month. It is time to break until expansion release. Plz no more delay GGG.
@GGG : Please release when it's ready, not when "people" expect to play. Keep up the good work.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
@GGG : Please release when it's ready, not when "people" expect to play. Keep up the good work.

why did you put people in quotations? what are you implying?
"
Qarl wrote:
The changes introduced so far have improved sync in regular predictive mode

Hm, I've played Cyclone in the beta and desync is worse than on live realm.

Cyclone in CB doesn't pass through mobs smoothly and it gets "stuck" the bigger the mob (hitbox), so maybe this is the cause for more desync?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Could we all know what are you talking about with "new top tier mods"? What are your purposes? Crapping actual mirrored gear or what else?
It's not really kind find out bad news a few days before the release. Give us at least the chance to prepare to an eventual, sad power creep.
Thank you
Last edited by Darkaleb on May 4, 2015, 3:43:34 AM
"
"
Malone wrote:

why did you put people in quotations? what are you implying?

The loud part of the community doesnt necessarily represent the majority of the players.
This beeing said, I am glad to see in this thread that most of the people understand that we have to be patient.

By the way, +1 for the all mods league, without cycling.
IGN TylordRampage
GGG, PLEASE, take your time with beta and DONT RUSH!!! Dont follow "Path of Blizzard"!!!
Thanks for the update Qarl.

I suspect that many of those bemoaning the delay in reaching release would also be the first to whinge about how bugged and broken a premature release would be.

Keep up the great work.
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
"
quarl wrote:
Tomorrow's news will be about the one month race with mods from past leagues. They will rotate in and out, culminating in all of them running on the league at once.

It is hard to balance your char as long as the rules are constantly changing. Last time we had a league like this (last summer), most people stopped playing when the difficulty no longer matched the difficulty in which people's chars had evolved.

Will we ever have an "all mods from previous challenge leagues" race with fixed rules? I like fixed rules. Then we can build for those rules.

If the rules keep changing, we need a lot of regret orbs or just don't play when the "real fun" starts. Alternativly we can build around what we guess the top difficulty is going to be, and thus gimp our chars for the early stages.

I would very much like an "all mods from previous challenge leagues" where the rules didn't change during the race.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on May 4, 2015, 3:42:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info