State of the Beta

First off, I love the beta! The game is so smooth now. I am trying a new build, 2h viper strike crit scion ~ new in the sense that I never played viper strike anything before. I like the skill overall, I am at lvl 55. The chaos damage nodes are way too weak. I can get Piety just covered in them and they seem to do no damage. Viper strike needs a slight buff, besides that the beta is a wonderful work in progress.
🐢
Glad to hear things are progressing, even if the workload ends up being much more difficult and varied than you anticipated. Tbh I don't even mind a delay in beta release (mainly since I'm in it!) because that means: A) devs are human beings like everyone else, realizing in time the full impact of things they release into the game, B) GGG is taking the right approach to tackling problems as they arise via priority of things like balance + stability, and C) the end product will likely be more awesome and fun to play than it is now.

This is promising news, even if the end result is a longer wait until release. Always better to do a thing right no matter how long it takes, then try to rush it and get it half-baked and screw up the experience for everyone.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
Cool to see. Can't wait for the follow-ups.
"
tehnix wrote:
Please add ALL league mods to the race starting from day 1, instead of just cycling them around. This has been extremely boring in the past, and will pretty much continue to do so.

+1
"
Quest Rewards

We have been very pleased with the new quest rewards. They have been successful in guiding players to make generally good early decisions. We do still have skills to add to fill out the basic system.

We also have a secondary system to introduce: alternate gems can be gained cheaply from a vendor. The new quest rewards are more limited in variety to ensure smoother game progression for new players, so this secondary system is intended to allow the flexibility experienced players are used to. This system was intended to be added at the end of the first week of the beta. It is not yet completed.

I guess I have to reserve judgement, but unless the gems are an alteration orb apiece, this is a massive step backwards from the current game

I can't tell you how frustrating/boring it is to level with freezing pulse all the way to the normal general kill. Then to only realize that the gems you need are never given to you through quests. Instead you either get nothing (mercy mission), or a rare item (90% of the time will be worth 4 alteration shards). It is so disappointing to see your time spent on a quest only to be given a completely worthless item.

I don't think limiting our options is the right way to do things. You trusted us before to make good decisions, trust the new players too. If you really really can't? Suggest skills for them. OR buff the crappy spells/skills so it's harder to make mistakes.

Regardless, the #1 mistake new players make is that they don't value life passives, and life on gear. They go for damage, because that's cool. If you want to help them out - let them know about how the game is a marathon, and you need endurance.

also the balance is still off, act3x is still the hardest section of the game by far (apart from end game maps).
"Tomorrow's news will be about the one month race with mods from past leagues. They will rotate in and out, culminating in all of them running on the league at once."

Inb4 it starts this friday/sunday so they can delay things even more later on........
There are a lot of self-entitled responses and requests here. Delaying the release further so the expansion is finished in the level of quality we've come to expect is apparently worse than releasing the game early, rushed and broken so people can flood the forums with angry/disappointed comments. Logic.
"
tehnix wrote:
Please add ALL league mods to the race starting from day 1, instead of just cycling them around. This has been extremely boring in the past, and will pretty much continue to do so.

this. the last combined league was quite boring. please make sure this 1mo league is more challenging. maybe make it so each different instance can have its own set of mods? like zana missions or something?

and please reward more than just beta keys... i'm not asking for more armor sets, but at least alt art demis for top20 again like the last 1mo.
why not put more people to help you guys test the beta ?
"
Melly_me wrote:
There are a lot of self-entitled responses and requests here. Delaying the release further so the expansion is finished in the level of quality we've come to expect is apparently worse than releasing the game early, rushed and broken so people can flood the forums with angry/disappointed comments. Logic.

they can take all the time they need with the beta. i just want something to do in the meantime

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info