Mjölner Nerf - Incoming in 2.0 ?

The only way Mjolner can be somewhat balanced is giving it a somewhat long internal cooldown, 50% less spell damage, or "attack from this weapon cannot proc cast on crit gem"... or all of the above.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Have you ever been so poor you used Mjolner instead of:

Spoiler
And no, if you think that shitty hammer is OP you got some problems mate.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Apr 26, 2015, 5:40:28 AM
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

Spoiler

Now this deserves a nerf
I'll just paste this here.

"
Antnee wrote:
In any case, I think the answer isn't to break the item, the answer is to break the interaction with discharge. You know... if we simply must go that route at all.

IF you have a Mjolnir, go play it with arc, or spark (yes, it actually does really well for single target), or another lightning spell. In that context, it's incredibly well-balanced. Strong, but not pants-on-head stupid strong.

Focus your anger on the specific.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

Spoiler

LOL <3

Git R Dun!
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

Spoiler

Let's see:

- you need to use Voll's Protector so life+mana based and no Shavs and low-life.
- you lose low-life bonuses like blood rage quality and pain attunement.
- you lose out on a bunch of auras.
- life will also be low because of spending points on the tree to get crit chance up.

But you end up doing slightly more damage for the above costs. Worth it going the dagger route? No not even if I had unlimited exalts. I prefer ES with more effective hp and auras with similar clear speed.

No reason you cant go LL with that dagger. Shavs + PcoC > Ice nova > Cyclone > LL > CoC > Discharge

And you do way more deeps considering you dont miss and can stack crit all to hell like double crit rings.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 26, 2015, 6:09:20 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Let's see:

- you need to use Voll's Protector so life+mana based and no Shavs and low-life.
- you lose low-life bonuses like blood rage quality and pain attunement.
- you lose out on a bunch of auras.

- life will also be low because of spending points on the tree to get crit chance up.

But you end up doing slightly more damage for the above costs. Worth it going the dagger route? No not even if I had unlimited exalts. I prefer ES with more effective hp and auras with similar clear speed.

Wat? Have you ever heard of Lowlife ST CoC? Because that's what I've used with that dagger for 2 weeks of testing it, I loved that build. 8.7k ES, GMP shotgunning of AB and Fireball, 95%+ fire/cold res, 7 Auras, the comfort of being ranged with infinite ST spam with no worries on accuracy whatsoever and doesnt give 2 shits about reflect.

Looking back now at Mjolner, it seriously looks as good as Crown of Thorns now and I can't believe people still think its OP.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
mjolner does not need any nerf... discharge need it if anything!
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
"
ObscureBalrog wrote:
mjolner does not need any nerf... discharge need it if anything!

Skill Effect Nerf PLZ!
Mjolner isnt op... its the combination of
that make the build.. Its called synergy folks. And the fact that the build has its own pc specs requirement makes it even less op.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info