This 5 day solo race

"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
5 days... LOL. Not even worth trying.

If you want a beta key it is. I want a key. I even started the race. However, real life got in the way. First, I didn't get to start playing until people were already getting into merciless. On this point, no matter though as I know full well I'd never be one of the top 35 on the ladder. Other the hand, getting to 70 to get my account in the for the draw, that would have been doable. But I say would have been, because real life got in the way a second time. Cable modem died on my way to level 25... yesterday at 6:55am, where I had 4 hours that I could have played before anyone in the house woke up.... several more hours in the afternoon after finishing chores, and several more hours in the evening before bed where for entertainment I was relegated to watching local channels on TV (without expletives, I cannot express in words how much I hate commercials)... cause you know, no internet.

3 to 5 business days for my ISP to get me a new modem. Race will be over before I get my home internet back. Sucks, even though I know I have just as much chance of being chosen for one of the 25 keys as I do for being granted a key from the 5 minute timer. But without being able to enter, whatever miniscule chance I had, just went to 0.
I hope people can take a look at this race and see a few things.
1. The disparity between players is not purely based on trade vs self found. It's based on amount of time invested.
2. You don't need ridiculous gear to clear the game.
3. The skill gap between players is almost as large as the time gap.
4. Flameblast is stupid.
5. This game has a lot of players and a lot of good players. (I played 11-12 hours this weekend and there are so many people ahead of me.)
Do 4 month league SOLO. !!!!
120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Black cat, Arctic portal, Arctic skull hatred, Arctic footprints, 2x Arctic Weapon, 20 skins, +3 tab
I dunno if it even matters what type of league it is anymore, if people are still level 80 something in a 5 day league. The same seems defeated.
Hope so.

Only thing Chris commented about it was like "ppl asked for selffound league for a long time, its time they get something". Well, thanks. though i dont have time for it now

I hope they don't think the need for sfl is fulfilled by this and will try to make something in the long run, there were lot of good suggestions so far how to
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
As I've claimed for years, this event will definitely provide GGG with some valuable information about the state of the game and the balance of the skill tree and default gem skills.

Nothing like getting to the vanilla non-economy state of the game to see where things are working and where things are not.

It's for the greater good of PoE.
I'm curious about something with you self founders Ive played sf at start of ambush and rampage - have to like everyone else at start - but I noticed by merciless I had a hard time capping resists and getting gems needed like str gems such as reduced duration or enduring cry as a witch - anyway what do you do then? Farm cruel docks?

Also 5 days is nothing I'd barley finish normal in 5 days. Give a 3 month and i may try it.
Git R Dun!
You must take resists from the tree and adjust your plan to suit what the game provides. If enduring cry never comes, you need to come up with a different way.

Its about survival, not clearspeed. A completely different game than what people have grown accustomed to and really fits what being an 'exile' is all about IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info