End of One Month Torment/Bloodlines Leagues and Announcement of Five Day Solo Leagues (Updated!)

"
"
EpicFail42 wrote:

I don't see any fun in trying to compete when real no-lifers' 20 hours a day would beat my 10 however good I am. Well, I guess, fun is not the goal here, right?

Wouldn't that be the case no matter how they implemented a solo self found league? There would always be no lifers that you couldn't compete with.

Just enjoy it for the fun of it, compete against friends.

There is a difference :) In normal leagues I'm doing challenges (7/8 felt like a worthwhile thing to do self-found, so I did it), in permanent ones... well, I play with friends in Standard, trying builds, getting uniques, grinding high levels while there are no active temporary leagues.

Making a league with guaranteed no-reward condition is a basic game design faux pas - is it a signal of some kind to us? It is a mistake? I don't know, but I do think I'll pass this one with a lot of sad feelings.

The obvious ways to do it better would include random drawings among "mid-no-lifers" (say, one ticket for each level above X), consolation prizes, etc. They are not used - and that's very strange.
well adleast its semi-boring
Шось? (IGN: Owner)
In the 1 week rampage/beyond race (SC), there were 303 players level 80 and up. I'd prefer to see beta invites for anyone who makes it to 80+ in the 5 day solo, rather than just the top 35.

I'm certain you'd see much greater participation in the event if there was a reward (or even a possible reward) for reaching a specific level threshold. Perhaps entry into a draw for X# of beta invites for players reaching various levels? i.e. 100 invite lotto, 1 ticket for level 60, 2 for 70, 3 for 80, etc (no tickets for top 35, which are guaranteed).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Apr 24, 2015, 3:03:07 AM
Damn, I wish I was in global chat when you gave the clue chris. <3
Make Things For Smile!
Hmmm, I think i saw what you mentioned about the Divinations Cards in global chat... but, could you please repeat just in case?
I think the cards is the following:

You will have to find 4 of the right cards
then you have to put them in the right order to craft / upgrade Items.

These will be very powerful and the cards will be very rare to find.

The whole concept will be orientated on the Runewords in Diablo 2.
"
Talkii wrote:
"
Goombatastic wrote:
Rip people that have jobs :(

rip anyone who does anything else but sleeping+eating+playing

this (:
:)))))))))))))))
This league is a joke. Gl with their stupid methods.
"Sorry for my bad English"
Only 35 keys per event? Geez, it's like GGG is giving out money prizes...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
SO MANY GGG FUN BOYS HERE

5 day race is ridiculous. Just sell 2.0 close beta supporter pack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info