Divination Cards?

I suppose I'll hold any further judgment until we find out a bit more details regarding the droprate and in what manner they can be found.
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
Charan wrote:
If you can allow yourself to think abstractly, look at the cards as components. Sure, to us they're just cards, but to the Exile they might be broken bits of equipment or disassembled currency orbs.

Good point.

New opportunities for adding more crafting-like mechanics.

Vendor recipes transforming a set of cards into another card.

There may be more to these cards than it seems.

Hope this "more" is not "more trading".
fuck, I didn't even think of trading.

Oh, fuck me.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I jokingly said divination cards are just like exalts but it looks like it's true. I'm a bit disappointed.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
If you can allow yourself to think abstractly, look at the cards as components. Sure, to us they're just cards, but to the Exile they might be broken bits of equipment or disassembled currency orbs.

Good point.

New opportunities for adding more crafting-like mechanics.

Vendor recipes transforming a set of cards into another card.

There may be more to these cards than it seems.

Hope this "more" is not "more trading".

just another component to grind and trade as a pseudo currency, a la sacrifice shards. BUT we don't know the droprates yet so we'll see what the impact is.
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
Charan wrote:
fuck, I didn't even think of trading.

Oh, fuck me.

Trading them will be a hassle. It's just more efficient to trade for the specific unique, unless is rare enough.

By the way, the idea is a little dissapointing. I like the idea of having a low variance, controlled way to get items, but it's somewhat botlike. People already hate sacrifice fragments, and the area spamming for something like Shavronne's Wrapping is going to be stupid.

Although one can play devil's advocate and say: maybe this is the last straw so people start to consider playing Merciless part of the endgame together with maps.

I hope GGG adds cards in the future, because obviously the uniques that are going to be chosen are going to be biased towards high tier/popular uniques and items. Leveling items and rare items should be represented too.

PS: some bring back Voll's Devotion. To fuck with the game. Maybe that way they will balance that nightmare.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 29, 2015, 11:42:45 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
I jokingly said divination cards are just like exalts but it looks like it's true. I'm a bit disappointed.

Almost. They are exalt shards.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Apr 29, 2015, 11:42:21 AM
The fact that players will be able to get fragments of what they need reliably through selected farm seems nice at first place.

Will be hard to balance hence players have +- no business farming normal areas, you can even have atziri maps through end game now.

SO I think that those fragments will drop from specific en game maps too, meaning that maps will have extra value through the cards they may or not drop. If so, playing a build resilient against map affixes will help even more than before(more map drops meaning more choice, more quantity: steadier card drops too).

!I CALL INDIRECT BUFF TO SUMMONERS!

Also: cards=inventory space. Factor in eventual new recipes then you have a game basically unplayable F2P :) (wich is a good thing for EVERYONE)
Last edited by galuf on Apr 29, 2015, 1:19:48 PM
"
neonive wrote:
My Guess-- Collect them all to forge a Aziri'esque unique version of the Maraketh weapons... There are 12 cards- each about as rare as a exalt drop...and quite a few weapon bases so if you wanted one of each type-- would have to farm for years...like GGG wants :)

Look I'm kind of right---

Just need them to release a high tier Maraketh weapons and include a card recipe to acquire it :D
So the GGG stole prophecy idea from the guy on page 4 huh...
Last edited by glh5 on May 21, 2016, 4:57:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info