Divination Cards?

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
If it is trading cards i wonder if it'll be a WoW TCG style implimentation with super rare pets/skins/effects, i cant see them locking bosses behind it

Why, I can see GGG locking bosses behind *anything*, as long as it is RNG-based. That's how they get off.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:
PoE TCG

chris_wilson Lead Developer 72 points 4 hours ago
It's not a trading card game.

I wasn't really expecting it to be a TCG lol. I think it's going to be like DMO where cards summon a boss, like SneakyPaw said.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Apr 23, 2015, 4:02:32 AM
Divination? It's something like a tarot deck. The chosen card will influence what awaits you in a map.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
First tough i got when i saw the announcement was that they are adding some sort of bestiary with those like many ppl have wanted in the past.

After thinking of it more and more it feels like im right on my first assumption.
There are 12 of them it seems, so maybe tied to some achievements/challenges.

Or the option to pick one card for specific bonuses (something like keystone passives).
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
"
vvooee wrote:
First tough i got when i saw the announcement was that they are adding some sort of bestiary with those like many ppl have wanted in the past.

After thinking of it more and more it feels like im right on my first assumption.

That would be cool. Perhaps with a possibility to have one of these cards active, providing a benefit (or penalty, for increased drop rarity) against a particular type of mobs.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
I hope it is somehow related to difficulty. A way to somehow make content more difficult all throughout the game by applying some kind of buff to zones you enter. Perhaps for better drop rates as well.

I just hope it has a gameplay mechanic and isn't just some kind of achievement thing.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I have a feeling it's PoE's implementation of loot tables (for Uniques), and I have a feeling it's fucking genius.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
"
I hope it is somehow related to difficulty. A way to somehow make content more difficult all throughout the game by applying some kind of buff to zones you enter. Perhaps for better drop rates as well.

I just hope it has a gameplay mechanic and isn't just some kind of achievement thing.

Reminded me of Bastion and Idol system. Where you "pray" to a God, and monsters become tougher, whilst droping more lewts through entire game.

"

Hense [Hen·suh]
Enemy attack damage

Acobi [A·koh·bee]
Defeated enemies drop a bouncing spark with delayed detonation.

Lemaign [Le·main]
The Kid's movement speed is slowed after connecting with an enemy attack.

Pyth [Piith]
Enemy movement and attack speed

Jevel [Jeh·vell]
Enemy armor

Yudrig [Yooj·drig]
Touching enemies deals additional damage.

Roathus [ROH·thus]
Enemies never drop Tonics upon defeat.

Micia, [Mih·sia]
Enemies regen health over time.

Olak [O·lihk]
Enemies randomly turn translucent; all attacks will pass through.

Garmuth, [GAR·muth]
Enemies will randomly block and deflect attacks.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Apr 23, 2015, 4:14:47 AM
Tetra Master

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info