Divination Cards?

I think The Harvest being the name of
Spoiler
one of the last areas in Act IV
is more relevant than it being the name of a legacy unique here. But we'll see.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
Travesty9090 wrote:
My theory is that the 10/12 number indicates The Archdemon is the 10th card of a 12 card set for The Harvest. The Harvest is either the unique, which is awarded once you have the full set, or(more likely in my opinion) an advanced map that can be generated with the full set of cards.

I don't care if this is what these divination cards are or not, but please GGG, make this a thing. (less on the unique, more on the map. Maybe the map gives the unique? PLZ!)
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
I am not sure if someone has brought this up already, but here it goes. I think there are 12 new areas/zones in Act 4. Each card can only drop in its designated area. I don't know what the cards will do but it solves the problem of end-game being only maps as we will have to replay through act 4 content to find the cards. I am hoping that they will spawn in areas similar to Vaal zones. Each of these zones will have its own boss fight that drops the card. The RNG isn't if the boss drops it or not, it is if the zone appears or not.

Hmm... I just realized that the same "ping" cheat might be used to farm these.... back to the drawing board.

Anyway, I still think that cards will correspond to each area in act 4.
"
Bendyboy wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
creampuffed4u wrote:
that's some Illuminati stuff there

:O

fuck me, I can't stop laughing.

8/8
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
I think The Harvest being the name of
Spoiler
one of the last areas in Act IV
is more relevant than it being the name of a legacy unique here. But we'll see.

ohhhh, oh thats interesting.

Yeah, I'd thought about that too, but the fact that the name on the card is the same color as unique nameplates seems significant.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
As a die-hard board and cardgamer I already get excited with the word 'cards'. Extremely hyped about this, I hope it's not just some cheap steam-like card crap thingy no one cares about.
I've no clue what they actually are but it got me thinking. The CE of Fallout NV had a deck of playing cards with Fallout art. They came up with some neat card game that could be played with any old deck of cards but was obviously much cooler to play with the proper art.

If GGG could do this with a physical deck of cards attached to a supporter pack that would be fkn awesome.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
ephetat wrote:
I have a feeling it's PoE's implementation of loot tables (for Uniques), and I have a feeling it's fucking genius.

Thats what im thinking to.

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
SirSid wrote:
"
ephetat wrote:
I have a feeling it's PoE's implementation of loot tables (for Uniques), and I have a feeling it's fucking genius.

Thats what im thinking to.

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but perhaps they are small (1-4 inventory slots) uniques that act like specialized shrines and give you a one time brief temporary boost?

Imagine being able to carry an acceleration shrine in your inventory, or a divine shrine (except that they only last 10 seconds or so). It would be the proverbial ace up your sleeve, but you'd have to find one first and then figure out when you really wanted to use it.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Apr 24, 2015, 2:02:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info