The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

its just 60% of content. wake me when theres more in..
im a little sad. i've spent the same over time just not all in 1 pack
Greatness at any cost -Dark Confidant
Well this was a nice thing to wake up to.
Sweet no need to waste more time updating mail, and instead focus on my remaning challenge in 1MHC league.

edit:

Need to say one thing.
I remember back in closed beta (bought a key while playing diablo3, was out of work at that time and had to live on 1 cup rice/day for a week after i bought that key=) well spent money). Was hoping that POE would grow so blizzard had to improve there game as well.
One day kripparian started to play POE, and I was thrilled, since shortly after i bought the key i did get a job and wouldnt have time to explore everything for my self, instead I could now watch someone who really had time in his hand to find out as much as possible.

Story short.. Most people will learn tons of stuff in notime watching good players who stream/upload youtube clips compared of playing the game for them self and trying to invent the wheel a 2:nd time.

Im happy though that I will be able to play the new content now and not later. Not because I will know more and have a headstart compared to someone without early access, the information are already out there! due too great streamers like ziggyD (and many more) who also was a total noob once, Im glad to see that his channel have grown over the years.
Last edited by mrgrin on Apr 23, 2015, 8:11:50 AM
"
Zahndethus wrote:
Well this was a nice thing to wake up to.

Yes, I agree. Didn't ask for it, was patiently waiting the RNG, but I appreciate it.

Also, I would have had no qualms about not getting a spot, but them giving it to folks like yourself who've top tiered all four rounds!

Too much whining on this board/topic in general.
"
"
oldfuture wrote:
pay to play, respect ggg!

like 90% of all other games on market!

GGG well done!

hope you soon add more supporter lower tiers!

You're my donation doppelganger...
Great but meanwile invite 60 accounts made in April 2015
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
Yeeshak wrote:
So, with the new supporter packs of The Awakening we will have a "closed beta access" on the top tier packs too? People who can't spent shitons of money can't have access?

Just going by first post, this is nothing more than GGG rewarding people who supported them significantly in the past by buying major supporter packs. This seems like a good thing, generally.

If they decide to include Awakening supporter packs as a part of the Beta promotion...then it's crossed a line about p2p/p2w that GGG claimed they'd never cross. However! This hasn't happened yet and talking about it as if it has would be speculative/false/irresponsible.

I can't say this makes me wish I'd bought a pack in the past though, Beta access isn't that important a part of IRL things to make me wistful lol. The thing I miss is not being able to play the next step of PoE's evolution...that sucks and probably always will until I can finally get to the challenge. Watching streamers play was nice the first day or so, after that it's like "ARGH, why am I WATCHING" lol :(

How would it be a bad thing? It would incentivize support, to further improve the game. And those people would become top tier supporters as well. Nobody is forcing you to pay, but on the flip side if you can afford to do so, you are granting yourself access, as well as supporting a game you love. Only support for the right reasons, imo.

Because were they to allow Beta access as a thing with upcoming Awakening supporter packs, that essentially translates into "pay money = get to play [Beta]". Granted its not a final release, but you and most everyone who complains about salt (in this case) have to understand that just because one has money to pay does NOT equate and SHOULD never equate to either a sense of entitlement over others ("I paid this money, thus I deserve to get in" = worst and poorest logic in history, almost) or an obligation hanging over GGG's head that they must, in some particular way, reward/acknowledge people who do pay.

Let me clarify, being able to pay is a *bonus*. It is something the game could not survive without, especially with economies being so unpredictable and stuff closing down all over the place. However, being a donator doesn't mean that one suddenly becomes, legally, an "investor" or somehow "part-owner" into the project. People are fans of the game who can pay so they do pay. Explicitly, the chain of what is "necessary" or should be thought of as "necessary" has to end there because it was a voluntary action to begin with. You cannot give a gift to someone then expect 5 seconds later that that person suddenly owes you "X" amount of favors; people who ask this are of the lowest category of those being 'generous'. It is a false virtue in that sense. But back to the point, the issue is GGG should never make money a factor in deciding who gets to play PoE, ever. Whatever criteria they choose is their choice, but money should not be one of them. People who feel otherwise are just allowing their selfish interests to cloud judgement on what should be an egalitarian thing not a monopoly.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
is there any unofficial wiki page we can view all the changes to gems? id like to try build breaking now since i can't get in yet, and i like to plot. Did you know because the army of bones gem has no limit, if a summoner placed them all inside its normal points it could get 26 extra including passives and items? why would you do this? shhhhh just summon the army. (maybe skele totem?)

stick one of them minion gets passives rings over in templar elemental tree and suddenly your raging spirits have 10% chance for elemental effect.

time to break chaos damage again.

so anyone got a link for gem changes?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
vindictive wrote:
"
"
oldfuture wrote:
pay to play, respect ggg!

like 90% of all other games on market!

GGG well done!

hope you soon add more supporter lower tiers!

You're my donation doppelganger...

xD
Bayern des samma mia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info