Community News: New Forum Management

"
GD stuck in the middle of the index is a poor choice.

I agree
I dont see any any key!
Nice :-D
"
k1rage wrote:
"
GD stuck in the middle of the index is a poor choice.

I agree

Me too...

The new forum layout looks like a big mess to me. Low traffic areas and high traffic areas all jumbled up, mixed headings etc. I mean we have "Gameplay help and discussion" right above Gameplay help", that's not exactly clear. And those are inside the "Gameplay" area while we also have a "help and feedback" area. Then we have "General Discussion' in the "Discussion" area... Like the rest of the forum isn't also used for discussion? This layout is a bit frustrating to navigate.
Last edited by rarugren on Apr 24, 2015, 3:51:19 PM
"
It is the New Zealand version of whining, but usually a slightly higher pitch at the end - scaling up from a lower pitch.

While I generally love to point out how New Zealanders have invented things, the word "whinge" comes from Old English, and as such has been around for quite some time.
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
It is the New Zealand version of whining, but usually a slightly higher pitch at the end - scaling up from a lower pitch.

While I generally love to point out how New Zealanders have invented things, the word "whinge" comes from Old English, and as such has been around for quite some time.

I won't disagree, but I challenge you to find a country that utilised the higher pitched "question" style version before we embraced it.

Australia did a good job, but a lot of the female of the species use it actively in their day to day conversation so it has blunted the impact for whinging usage.

"Whinging Poms" is the classic example of old english usage, but generally denotes an almost monotone version of whinging, directed at mostly banal things like weather, quality of food, foreigners, and low temperature of beer - again it dilutes the purpose.

To get a really good feel for proper whinging, take a young child to the supermarket or a toy shop and then deny them something that they want. If you can get them stomping their feet or holding their breath then you'll have a good idea of how it works.

"Buuuuuut I waaaaaaaaanted a coooooooooookieeeeee?"
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Apr 24, 2015, 6:37:54 PM
"

I wanted a beta key, we trade k?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"

I wanted a beta key, we trade k?

I don't think I'll use mine, I'd be a shit tester. I'll probably give it away in Off Topic if I am allowed - I think I'd prefer the SSF race.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
You're not allowed to give them away, nait. I tried. After all, I have like ten of the eligible packs...

----

Bex. Bex. BEX.

please, please...please make a rule that defines posts that say nothing but "I didn't read this OP" (tldr and all permutations thereof) as spam. It's just so obnoxious. Please. Bex.

Please.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Great job on the new Forum layout Bex_GGG!!!!!
>What I'd like to address first is the toxicity of discussions and consistency in forum moderation.

Oh great, going down the same road as Riot, you can't say ANYTHING negative anymore because negativity is toxic, you also can't use curse words because they perpetuate toxic culture.

It's just going to be a hugbox.

Definitely not hopeful for the changes.
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
Last edited by visiON123 on Apr 25, 2015, 1:00:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info