Community News: New Forum Management

Hey Guys!

Since my recent role change to Community Manager, I've received quite a bit of feedback about our current forum and moderation policies. I've been looking into these concerns and with Patch 2.0.0 on the horizon it's time to make some changes!

In the two years I've been working for Grinding Gear Games, forum moderation has been one of my main passions. Given this passion and my motivation for making improvements to the forum, the responsibility of overseeing the creation and maintenance of our forum policies and structure has now been handed over to me.

What I'd like to address first is the toxicity of discussions and consistency in forum moderation. Over time, our guidelines have failed to keep up with the rate our community is growing and are no longer working as intended. We apologise for any hindrance to your forum experience that this may have caused. We will be working on this!

In time, I'll be creating a new set of forum guidelines and retraining the support team under these new guidelines with a focus on consistency and increased team communication. These guidelines should also address some of the concerns raised regarding toxic and aggressive posting. In addition to this, I will gradually be making other improvements to the experience of the forums.

These forums have a great backbone. We have so many wonderful people here and a busy and active community. I really look forward to working with you guys and the support team in making this a positive and welcoming community for everyone.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Jun 7, 2015, 9:28:30 PM
Forum seems great to me, so you guys must be doing something right. I have enjoyed being part of them since I joined the game :)

Keep up the good work! and good luck with the improvements.
i love you bex!
I pray high overlord bex that this is not just your way of saying that your going to get censorship crazy
I dont see any any key!
You know I've loved you since the beginning, Bex? So you know, if you want to look the other way when I am up to no good...
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I enjoy the forum too. I personally spend much of my free time either playing poe or checking the forums. The only real problems I have with it are the segregation between reddit and the official, as well as the toxicity, like you said.

Anyways, GO BEX!

Edit: Then random forum maintenance for like 20 secs.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Last edited by Rowanbladex on Apr 22, 2015, 10:47:46 PM
Oh nice.
Permanent Hardcore only.
Thank you, Bex! Your work is appreciated!
"
You know I've loved you since the beginning, Bex? So you know, if you want to look the other way when I am up to no good...

So basically, you want Bex to never look at you again.

Looking forward to the updates.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
All Hail high overlord BeX!

/bow
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info