Community News: New Forum Management

"
visiON123 wrote:
>What I'd like to address first is the toxicity of discussions and consistency in forum moderation.

Oh great, going down the same road as Riot, you can't say ANYTHING negative anymore because negativity is toxic, you also can't use curse words because they perpetuate toxic culture.

It's just going to be a hugbox.

Definitely not hopeful for the changes.

Come on dude, embrace the change. Lets sit down, have some vegan quiche, crack open a bottle of fair trade organic ice tea from the Philippines and have a discussion circle about how we can better welcome non-CIS members of the community into our new shared bathroom facilities.

It'll be fun.

*HUGS*
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Apr 25, 2015, 8:38:47 PM
i Was wondering when the beta will be accessible to the people who signed up?
If u get selected then u will get access :)
Hack'n'Slash
Nice, so Chris Wilson's post about no flaming posts got removed. Well, I guess he doesn't view this fucking section of the forum anymore I bet lol.

Oh well, Bex is cool too though :D
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 30, 2015, 12:01:23 PM
You da bex, Bex.
"
"
visiON123 wrote:
>What I'd like to address first is the toxicity of discussions and consistency in forum moderation.

Oh great, going down the same road as Riot, you can't say ANYTHING negative anymore because negativity is toxic, you also can't use curse words because they perpetuate toxic culture.

It's just going to be a hugbox.

Definitely not hopeful for the changes.

Come on dude, embrace the change. Lets sit down, have some vegan quiche, crack open a bottle of fair trade organic ice tea from the Philippines and have a discussion circle about how we can better welcome non-CIS members of the community into our new shared bathroom facilities.

It'll be fun.

*HUGS*

one of the funniest posts ive seen in a long while lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Charan wrote:
please, please...please make a rule that defines posts that say nothing but "I didn't read this OP" (tldr and all permutations thereof) as spam. It's just so obnoxious. Please. Bex.

I do agree with this in principal. If someone hasn't even bothered looking up the topic of the thread, and has decided to derail it / post something unrelated, I may not support outright sanctioning the poster, but why not remove such posts.

If the discussion is going in a serious or interesting direction, it is possible such 'tldr' posts will derail an otherwise well thought out post.

Some feedback threads contain long, detailed posts. Many of these take a lot of thought and effort to compose. I can't imagine how frustrated the OP of such threads must feel when people respond with something like 'tldr'. Why can't people who couldn't be bothered to read something because it is long, just be asked to abstain? I'm not suggesting punishment. Rather removal. Make interesting threads that have had thought put into them...tidy.

I realize this may be covered under 'SPAM', but at least if someone complains there is something to point to if they attempt to...play dumb...
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Where are the new guidelines posted?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
Where are the new guidelines posted?

You can find them here.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Thank you Rachel, I hope you read my emails.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info