The Closed Beta of The Awakening is live!

"
Gimatria wrote:
You can go to a random brony convention, have random bronies write 47 pages about my little pony, and it would still be more mature than the insane whining that's going on in this thread. Holy shit people, stop and think for about 2 seconds before you write something.

what he said. srly people. let GGG do it their way. they NEVER dissapointed us.
hey im playing since closed beta. i got alone over 834 playhours since the game went on steam. i dont cry that they give me a betakey. i wait till i get one and than im happy. else i wait till beta is over.

so stop your whining.

@GGG you are doing great and never disappointed. so gogogo!(only thing i hope for is that new Supporter Packs contain some sick new awesome Physical Items like the Chaos Orb Key Chain back than)
"
Yiros wrote:
The system random key is bad, 60% of winner play 2 mounth in 3 year, best char 80.

The beta is for feedback but with this player impossible to received good feedback 50% play 2 days and stop, 30% dont feedcback on forum, play beta just for play. And 20% of streameur dont feedback on forum but in youtube personnal chain.

A lot of people have more experience to give good return, but it will never be selected.

Thanks Bot and multi account.

I say again its a game juste respect this rule.

To be patien and trust GGG.

That means GGG dont need beta players as a beta-testers. They made this "event" as a commercial... Like they said... they inv streamers wich is another proof of this... 2 bad.
"
PfeifDiesel wrote:
"
Ghilliesniper wrote:
well i noticed alot of big name gamers got in first like alot of streamers which GGG said they werent gonna do. typical gaming company lieing about shit again.

When did GGG say this? Pretty sure they said the exact opposite. Everything about this beta was communicated days before it began. None of this should be a surprise. They LITERALLY spelled out everything they were going to do, from the streamer invites to the 5 minute timer. What else do you expect?

The POE community is great, but why do so many of you have this "I should get what I want because I was born" mentality. How do any of you function in your lives, or jobs? You think that because you are here typing in a forum, or because you contributed some money to a FREE game, that you are somehow better than other people? Talk about narcissism!

In the end, this is Math. GGG isn't excluding you. None of us have an intrinsic right to this beta anyway, so it's impossible to be excluded from something you have no right to. It boils down to Math and Statistics. Stop being so butt-hurt, and realize that the world isn't yours just because you crawled out of your mother.

-Your friendly neighborhood grown up

No one said they were better. Sounds like you're projecting your own insecurities there.

You think the game would be FREE if no one contributed money?

Anyhow for a self proclaimed friendly neighborhood grown up, you seem pretty dense.

His will be done.
For this peasant dung.
Shrill voices rung.

that 11211 guy has been chosen 3 times so far

there you go, all you need is faith
Reduce the timer to 3 mins at least.....! and another 11211 guy...... cmon,..,...
Last edited by Nevinovat on Apr 21, 2015, 4:30:17 PM
i have one more from a 11211 guy:

"never play on the patch day..." ;)
Last edited by danSn on Apr 21, 2015, 4:44:35 PM
Want Beta Keyyyy.....want-want-want :)
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
There are AT LEAST 18 betas given to April 2015 accounts

LOL, this is horrible. What feedback could a first time player have? If their DESYNC FIX is anything like this closed beta invites, I guess the game will forever be useless.

Part of the objective of the 2.0 release is rebalancing the new player experience. They are also retuning the entire pathing and flow of the first three acts due to adding the fourth. Some areas are being removed, some are being combined, and some are just being adjusted.

They need actual new players involved with the closed beta alongside all of us who have been playing to get proper data and valid feedback on those changes. People who have created 50 characters and theorycrafted 20 builds of the week do not have the same perspectives and focus on the same elements when making reports as those who are truly new or even just less experienced.

Additionally, a number of people commenting on how integrating the streaming community in from the very beginning is a terrible idea forget the game is not a released product and accounts can be owned by players 16+ (per the TOU; the game is R16 in NZ). There are plenty of gamers who are gaming well into their fifties and sixties currently.

That spans four generations of people with vastly different media habits. The two youngest generations thrive on distinction and acceptance via social media (Millenials and Gen Z). While a number of us might be considering it to be a PR mistake to cater to the streamers, it would be a vastly larger one to ignore them and their reach. Being tone deaf to your client base is a good way to end up out of business. It's just hard to pin down what the hell to do when your client base is as vast as the ocean is deep on a product like this.

Personally, I'm fine waiting for my random key. I've heard rumors that the new supporter packs may include access. If they do, I'll end up with a key. Not because I'm buying my way in on purpose, but because I will be buying a new pack the day they come out; I'm already planning on it.

Also, while multiple accounts may be technically against the TOS, if it's not abused, I'm not against the newer accounts being selected for beta *if* someone didn't opt in both accounts. I'm fairly sure you can't be logged into beta and live at the same time (correct me if I'm wrong) with the same account. I don't fault someone for wanting to be able to be logged in and trading, chatting, and running the occasional map (or race, if we get any) while being able to be logged into beta.

I'm only opposed to people who are creating many accounts trying to game the system or exploit or who opted in an original account and multiple alts just to try to increase their chances.
Last edited by Llwellyn on Apr 21, 2015, 5:49:02 PM
Can't wait!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info