NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

I'm going to guess you're in a very low level area since you just started and have 1 challenge. The filters are mostly applied to "Endgame" areas (maps), even the uber strict filter will still show most items in low level areas, except currency items which are always filtered no matter the zone level.
Since there are much less items on the ground at low level, it's not really an issue that they'll be shown because they won't clutter the screen as much as they do later. If you apply even a semi-strict filter you'll start seeing the effects in Acts 2 and 3 I think. I personally leveled with my own version of the semi-strict filter and the worst items were definitely hidden by the filter after a few acts. At level 8, every item is basically the worst possible base so the filter can't really do much.
"
Wendek wrote:
I'm going to guess you're in a very low level area since you just started and have 1 challenge. The filters are mostly applied to "Endgame" areas (maps), even the uber strict filter will still show most items in low level areas, except currency items which are always filtered no matter the zone level.
Since there are much less items on the ground at low level, it's not really an issue that they'll be shown because they won't clutter the screen as much as they do later. If you apply even a semi-strict filter you'll start seeing the effects in Acts 2 and 3 I think. I personally leveled with my own version of the semi-strict filter and the worst items were definitely hidden by the filter after a few acts. At level 8, every item is basically the worst possible base so the filter can't really do much.

Okay, so I just keep playing until the effect´s from the filter start to show up.
Thanks!
Update: The filter started working right after I hit Act 2!
"
Thorium Spirit Shield - Drop usual unique thing. 20 chaos harbinger league

Yeah I'll change it up for the next patch.

"
xIronMaiden wrote:
Update: The filter started working right after I hit Act 2!

Glad it's working out for you.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
dude pls make UBER MF VERSION))
How is UberStrict/UberPlusStrict not enough for you?
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Oct 22, 2017, 11:22:38 AM
Hey Neversink,

Wanted to vent something about the leveling process that's been bothering me since the time I started trying to edit the filter (both on FilterBlade and manually). Especially now that you tease the upcoming changes to leveling editor tools on FilterBlade, this might be relevant.

Item progression, things relevant for early leveling recipes, desired socket groups... All of those things are understandable.

What I can't understand is the gigantic white flask leveling section (that can't be edited on FilterBlade, the only way to do it is to go to loot simulator and manually hide all types of life/mana flasks with drop level increments of 3-5). Why in the world would anyone want to see all those white flasks, when they can be bought for like nothing from vendors? Not just that, the section is so detailed in flask level intervals, highlighting those that are more relevant... Why? There is literally zero reason for that. All that work determining and writing down the best item level intervals for each flask tier seems for naught, unless you add something like rarity = magic or at least quality >= 15. Otherwise it's just useless, takes a lot of size in the file, and shows a lot of useless white flasks that no one would pick up even in the first hour of the league while playing SSF.

That's pretty much what I wanted to say.
TL;DR: please consider making the itemlevel-based flask section also depend on rarity and/or quality, even in the very basic strictness level.
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
Hey Neversink,

Wanted to vent something about the leveling process that's been bothering me since the time I started trying to edit the filter (both on FilterBlade and manually). Especially now that you tease the upcoming changes to leveling editor tools on FilterBlade, this might be relevant.

Item progression, things relevant for early leveling recipes, desired socket groups... All of those things are understandable.

What I can't understand is the gigantic white flask leveling section (that can't be edited on FilterBlade, the only way to do it is to go to loot simulator and manually hide all types of life/mana flasks with drop level increments of 3-5). Why in the world would anyone want to see all those white flasks, when they can be bought for like nothing from vendors? Not just that, the section is so detailed in flask level intervals, highlighting those that are more relevant... Why? There is literally zero reason for that. All that work determining and writing down the best item level intervals for each flask tier seems for naught, unless you add something like rarity = magic or at least quality >= 15. Otherwise it's just useless, takes a lot of size in the file, and shows a lot of useless white flasks that no one would pick up even in the first hour of the league while playing SSF.

TL;DR: please consider making the itemlevel-based flask section also depend on rarity and/or quality, even in the very basic strictness level.

It's about consistency. If you're rushing through the content - especially during races/new leagues, flask upgrades are vital. You can't ensure that enough flasks will drop, with quality and rarity + you want them ASAP.

I might expose those settings in Filterblade though, so you can set rarity/quality requirements yourself, but I don't see this suggestion being a good core component.
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
Hey Neversink,

It's about consistency. If you're rushing through the content - especially during races/new leagues, flask upgrades are vital. You can't ensure that enough flasks will drop, with quality and rarity + you want them ASAP.

I might expose those settings in Filterblade though, so you can set rarity/quality requirements yourself, but I don't see this suggestion being a good core component.
FilterBlade wishlist: add support for "variants" of a filter being generated.

My current example is that my Harbinger SSF character has hit the point I have enough currency that I don't want to pick up scrolls of wisdom or portal any longer. OTOH, I'm very shortly going to be doing the 10 day event, so I want to race up to high level to get my candidacy for the MTX draws going.

Since we can't filter based on player level, and as far as I can tell the scrolls don't have higher ilvl in higher level zones, that requires producing two filters.

For the moment, because it is only two changes, every change I want to make to the rules means editing the primary filter, then save and download, then modify to reapply that currency change, and again save and download.

It would be nice to be able to set a "variant" that excluded those, and have FilterBlade automatically produce both versions for me. The simplest implementation I can imagine, and which would entirely satisfy me, would be to store the customizations of the "variation" as a set of deltas applied to the "base" filter customizations, with the base winning if it changed something that conflicted.

I realise this is relatively challenging, so I'm definitely not expecting it, but figured there was little harm putting the idea out there; you might appreciate it yourself, in the end. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info