NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

I use Neversink - Strict. How do I change it so white glorious plate's show? Thank you :)
The item progression editor doesn't seem to be working. I configured it to show all magic one-hand axes and maxed out the overlap to show even mid-tier axes in higher level maps, but no magic axes are showing. One think I also noticed is that the highest tier axe (siege axe in this case) map levels when shown was not changing when adjusting the overlap. Not sure if this was by design or not.
"
Axetwin wrote:
"
Dakart wrote:
You download the Filter from the "Download Filter" button at the bottom.

You mean that button right there? That's what gives me a text file that POE doesn't recognize.
change file name from .txt to .filter at the end
"
Str0ng wrote:
change file name from .txt to .filter at the end

This is what I'm looking at. As you can see, my custom file is AlteredChrome. It's being downloaded as a text file. Changing the file name doesn't do anything because it's not being recognized as a filter file. How do get POE to recognize my custom filter?
"
micxiao wrote:
It does show white Glorious Plates for me, I am using the regular version.

Hmm That's odd because I was messing around with it and it wouldn't show it for me for any of the versions (generally I prefer Strict or Super Strict because it allows me less clutter and I get distracted by shinny things easily D:). Maybe I will have to re-download all of them again :/
Last edited by Kilikx1x on Aug 31, 2017, 7:47:13 AM
"
Str0ng wrote:
Hi please help me to hide breach rings! Its selected to hide on filterblade but its not hiding. i also tried to do this in notepad but its not working (was show before and i changed to hide)

Remove hashses
All lines beginning with # are considered comments and ignored
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
First, thanks for this filter. I've used it a lot and it's certainly helped.

I have user interface design background and this set of 5.1 changes, to me, could use some improvements. My feedback is mainly about rares but can also be applied to all items in general.

With your colors and sizing you are creating a visual vocabulary. The most recent Rare Item vocabulary is hard for me to understand. Previously, and my interpretation may be wrong, green background was good to pickup, red background was lower level and bad to pickup and black background was up to the player. With 5.1, I think there are at least 3 different yellow text colors, at least 2 backgrounds, a white border (for 4 or less inventory spots?) and numerous sizes. I've seen lower level items (e.g. steel greaves) seem to have the same appearance as higher level items (e.g. goliath greaves). It's much less clear which rare items are worth looting.

When you look at the broader vocabulary of the filter, sometimes bigger means you should pick it up. Sometimes darker background means you should pick it up. Sometimes white background means you should grab it.

My recommendation is that you simplify the vocabulary and try to make it consistent across item types. Choose border or background or text size or or text color or a combination and use that indicator consistently. Also use a different indicator for item value. Try to keep the indicators exclusive (i.e. item type and value indicators should not share components like border or text color or text size or background).

Again, my confusion is mainly about rares but newer players would probably benefit from a bit of a simpler vocabulary.

I'm happy to chat more about the topic if you are interested.
"
Kilikx1x wrote:
Why does this filter like to hide White Glorious Plate armor? Wouldn't that be considered a really good chancing item at the moment because of the HP meta?

1) It shows those on lower strictness. No sound though.

"
Can you chance amulets into Biscos?

If you, neversink, maybe you add them to the list with white bases and green border (like sorcerer boots and so on). Bisco is so good and its price is increasing. Even if it will be nerf it will still be good.

Do it on www.FilterBlade.xyz. I won't add it to the list, because it's price is not that high, by default.

"
is there a way to only show shaped maps between t6-10? same question for a drop sound. ty

Yes. On filterblade, use the slider to hide all maps below tier T11. Then add "Shaped" to the basetype tier list for manual highlight with a tier >=6

"

Can someone help me with customizing this lootfilter? Everytime I try to download the custom changes, I get a basic .txt file that POE doesn't detect as a .filter file. What am I doing wrong?

First time I hear this. What browser are you using? Worst case scenario, show file extensions in windows and rename the .txt to .filter.

"
Hi please help me to hide breach rings! Its selected to hide on filterblade but its not hiding. i also tried to do this in notepad but its not working (was show before and i changed to hide)

Remove the #'s at the start of the lines. I'll change this behaviour in the next filterblade patch.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"

I use Neversink - Strict. How do I change it so white glorious plate's show? Thank you :)

www.FilterBlade.xyz

"
The item progression editor doesn't seem to be working. I configured it to show all magic one-hand axes and maxed out the overlap to show even mid-tier axes in higher level maps, but no magic axes are showing. One think I also noticed is that the highest tier axe (siege axe in this case) map levels when shown was not changing when adjusting the overlap. Not sure if this was by design or not.

Item progression does can't affect endgame mapping (60+). Use the endgame mapping section for that.

"
First, thanks for this filter. I've used it a lot and it's certainly helped.

I have user interface design background and this set of 5.1 changes, to me, could use some improvements. My feedback is mainly about rares but can also be applied to all items in general.

With your colors and sizing you are creating a visual vocabulary. The most recent Rare Item vocabulary is hard for me to understand. Previously, and my interpretation may be wrong, green background was good to pickup, red background was lower level and bad to pickup and black background was up to the player. With 5.1, I think there are at least 3 different yellow text colors, at least 2 backgrounds, a white border (for 4 or less inventory spots?) and numerous sizes. I've seen lower level items (e.g. steel greaves) seem to have the same appearance as higher level items (e.g. goliath greaves). It's much less clear which rare items are worth looting.

When you look at the broader vocabulary of the filter, sometimes bigger means you should pick it up. Sometimes darker background means you should pick it up. Sometimes white background means you should grab it.

My recommendation is that you simplify the vocabulary and try to make it consistent across item types. Choose border or background or text size or or text color or a combination and use that indicator consistently. Also use a different indicator for item value. Try to keep the indicators exclusive (i.e. item type and value indicators should not share components like border or text color or text size or background).

Again, my confusion is mainly about rares but newer players would probably benefit from a bit of a simpler vocabulary.

I'm happy to chat more about the topic if you are interested.

There's an overlying scheme.

Large-font-items (40+) are generally worth picking up. That being said, "frequent pickups", such as alchemy orbs etc. have the max size already, since you want to pick them up and have precise clicks, while doing so.

Have you tried referencing www.FilterBlade.xyz

The rare indicators are pretty simple. The only thing that changed is the backgrounds, really:

Backgrounds:
- Bright-ish green - Handpicked T1 or jewellery rares (previously: green)
- Dark-ish green - Handpicked T2 (previously: green)
- Black - DropLevel-based T3 (previously: black/green)
- Semi-Transparent Black - Remaining items of this class (previously: black/red)

I removed the red color, I really didn't like it's appearance.

note: droplevel based filtering differs per Class. For instance T3 gloves contain ~45% of all gloves, while T3 staves only contain 1 stave.

Borders:
- Green - tiny item
- White - small item (1x3 / 2x2)
- Yellow - ilvl 83/84+ crafting base (I initially wanted to turn this into a textcolor, but people got used to this...)

Text:
- Yellow (normal) - generic rare
- Orange - 75+ rare

Size:
- Larger size = better chances of item being valuable overall. Currently follows background grouping.

Overall items that are always worth picking up are:

- Fontsize 42+
- Have a sound

I am considering a simplification processor for filterblade. We'll see.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Sep 1, 2017, 7:19:14 AM
Hey NeverSink,

I'll echo one of the questions already mentioned in the past pages: don't you think you went slightly too hard on ES? The vocal meta-minority keeps shouting that ES is dead, yet pretty much every summoner build that isn't Baron SRS/Big Zombies uses either life/ES hybrid or low-life shavs; uses with great success I might add.

I do realize that the demand is insanely lower than for, say, life pieces, yet at the same time most life builds don't really have the luxury of choosing their chest piece, while the mentioned summoner builds really want to have a well-rolled Vaal Regalia in end game to replace whatever they have (infernal mantle, skin of the loyal etc) - so I believe it might not be such a bad idea to move at least Vaal Regalia and Hubris Circlets to T1 group.

P.S. Is there any vague ETA on the next version?

Thanks a lot for your hard work.
Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info