The Awakening Update: Act Four

Even more Hype , I wonder what they have prepared for us !!! the wait is long and real ! By the way whoever came up with idea of Jewels is genius and deserves double salary ! :D The passive skill tree was kind of "grey" now its going be so much better with that many options !
"
Xenimui wrote:
Nice art!

Also here is a secret leak Chris allowed me to share
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1244384

Edit: There is a problem in the display:

nice shit from bloodborne ...
IGN: UgaBugaMajkaFaja
The Secret Kaowm Level is coming... ;)
what about new league?
Interesting and well put together piece of lore. I'm not following PoE lore very closely but this helps to understand the broader picture.

Also, HYPE!
"
dlrr wrote:
Really liking the Maraketh lore. Too long have we seen references to other cultures (apart from the karui and the eternals) with no idea of who they are or what they do. Nicely done!

Hopefully we'll get more details on how Daresso and Kaom were sucked in. Right now it looks a little... convenient... but I think it holds promise to really flesh out the last days of those 2 :)

EDIT: locked up ancient evil that eats souls, destroys our best, and has tonnes of tentacles... sounds a little lovecraftian? nice! heh.

well, the story of Kaoms descent into the terror is told through act1 with the lore stone things in game, with Haku providing a few more little mentions of Kaom and Kitava.

For the longest time I had absolutely no clue what the story of this game was all about. Eventually I actually played through listening to every npc and reading every piece of lore, and then I went to the poe wikis history of wreaclast thing and read that. I felt like the guy who wrote the wiki thing had made a lot of wrong presumptions, that Kaom had gone into the depths and been destroyed by Merveil, and that the Vaal Oversoul was the dark nightmare beast that had been locked away in the depths. It just didnt seem right, I felt like there was a different beast of nightmare, something far more awful deep under wreaclast, the 'god' that was spawning the nightmares. Like Kaom and what was it, 500 karui taken down by Merveil? That just felt like weaksauce, couldnt be right.

I think its really cool that when you actually listened to what was going on in the game, as random and disjointed as it all was, you could actually see this coming, it all came together to vaguely point to the story we are now getting with act4. In the past Ive felt like "what story, PoE has a story? Ive played this game for 1000s of hours and I cant say Ive ever noticed" but actually, hats off to you guys, the way it leads you through to whats happening in act4 is pretty interesting without being over burdened and forced down your throat in the usual childish game story manner.

I hope we are not successful, that we trigger the cataclysm and that paves the way for 6 more acts of terror. But maybe we do save the day and you guys have a whole new adventure in mind kicking off with act5. Either way Im excited to see where this all goes and whats in store for the future.
Yummy!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
The artwork looks fantastic. Also many kudos for the Awakening web site! From the previews i watched it seems act 4 will be very interesting and refreshing. Eventually POE is the most wicked arpg out there, by far, and i love it... and i have played them all. :)

Edit: I hope the artistic "feeling" of The Awakening will come to the new Supporter Packs, cause i was kind of disappointed from the last ones. Can't wait...
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
Last edited by Mihalis on Apr 15, 2015, 8:25:20 AM
^^ i agree we need badass packs with Golem Pet ! last packs where ugly , but just my opinion.
Last edited by morc1us on Apr 15, 2015, 8:26:49 AM
When will we learn what will happen for those who don't get into beta? I'm just curious...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info