The Awakening Update: Act Four

No matter how many times I read it, "on Wraeclast" just doesn't sound good.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
"
GooberM wrote:
No matter how many times I read it, "on Wraeclast" just doesn't sound good.

'In' would be for countries and continents. 'On' is for islands and, amusingly, planetary bodies. That is to say, 'in' is for areas with terrestrial boundaries. 'on' for free-floating or isolated locations. Wræclast is referred to as both a continent and an island by GGG, although I wonder if the latter might not just be influenced by the Accursed Island, Lodoss.

The overview page says: Exile Yourself to the Unforgiving Continent of Wraeclast!

Curiously, Wræclast is a pseudo-Australia, which is famously both Earth's largest island and its smallest continent...but we don't say 'On Australia'.

I'd use 'in' for Wræclast, but I know less about the place than the writer of this lore.

Part of me wants to believe the Beast *is* Wræclast, Great A'Tuin style. I mean, that'd certainly explain why its awakening would cause quakes and calamities across the entire continent/island, right?

Yeah, I feel "in" fits better, but I'll definitely leave it up to the writer to decide lol. Without a doubt, he knows more about Wraeclast than I do, too. Certainly more about the English language and it's little quirks.

"
edit: 'Extinguish life on Wraeclast' is the actual quote I believe you're referring to...'on' makes it seem more global and extreme. Wraeclast is also a world, so in this case, 'on' definitely sounds more intense.

Yep, that one. Aight, makes sense to me. It does feel grander with "on".
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Apr 15, 2015, 5:50:16 AM
.awinfo.nightmare .awakening-container .awakening-content{ top:80px; }

thats fix for second picture :)
what on earth are you talking about?
nice touch but does it mean there is more to awakening then just act 4 ?

Also anyone else felt like picking that lock at the bottom of page with their uber picking skills :)
chaotic neutral
Very interesting; thank you for the update Chris.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Thanks for the Lore update, will/can we get more Lore, also, over the next updates? :P
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
Last edited by jahcinto on Apr 15, 2015, 6:46:55 AM
There's a crucial element missing from that page.

At the top it should have the title:

ACT IV: THE HYPENING

:P
That's interes-More information coming soon
"
Sting wrote:
"......Now you are called to one final struggle......"

No act 5?

Could be so. Unless Act 4 does well enough in popularity and revenue to pave the way for a fifth one I suppose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info