Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
I'm not reading 35 pages to see if anyone else put together the fact that the beta release is on 420.

As.I read the thread, I am surprised GGG doesn't add a new line ti the beta FAQ:

Those complaining about the beta will NOT be selected to beta test the Awakening.

Uh...yea that was an observation not a complaint...
Saved
so, if u get chosen for beta u have the opportunity to play a different POE with some extra content but not all, helping GGG finding bugs and balance issues and after a few weeks u get reset, nothing gets imported to std.
I don't get it...why would someone want a beta key?
Last edited by sfrattini on Apr 14, 2015, 12:02:16 AM
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Vaydra wrote:
Those random Joe's are valuable testers, the same as everyone else and may end up buying mtx the same as everyone else.

How are they more valuable than anyone else?

"
Vaydra wrote:
Players that may be returning also would have valuable impressions to give to GGG on their Awakening playthrough experience compared to previous play.

Again I'm not saying "give only supporters access", I'm saying that I'm disappointed that supporters don't get at the very least slightly better odds.

I did not say they are more valuable, I implied they are equally valuable. A returning or new player relaying feedback that they would return or play (or not) the xpac based on what they experienced during beta is valuable.

If I was spending over a $million on new content for my companies game (which GGG are) I would want a broad range of feedback. Supporters and mtx buyers (myself included) are not necessarily unbiased and feedback you require, but equally valuable as well.

I think if beta keys were based on how much $ you had spent, "average Joe's" wouldn't bother to enter so much. I explained to a friend today who said "I wouldn't have much chance of getting a key" that it is random luck.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This is probably a hypothetical question but does anyone have a rouge idea on how long the beta testing is planned for? Any sources?
I only ask because testing usually takes months but this may be smaller. I have no idea to be honest so if anyone does feel free to inform me :) Cheers.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
TwelveYears wrote:
This is probably a hypothetical question but does anyone have a rouge idea on how long the beta testing is planned for? Any sources?
I only ask because testing usually takes months but this may be smaller. I have no idea to be honest so if anyone does feel free to inform me :) Cheers.

FAQ in first post says 6-8 weeks
100% Ethical, most of the time.
"
sfrattini wrote:
so, if u get chosen for beta u have the opportunity to play a different POE with some extra content but not all, helping GGG finding bugs and balance issues and after a few weeks u get reset, nothing gets imported to std.
I don't get it...why would someone want a beta key?

A lot of people play mostly(if not entirely) in the temporary leagues anyway, so being reset like that isn't a big deal for them.

Some people will see it as a way to get an advantage when the update is finally released since they'll have more experience/knowledge of how things work.
Some just want to see all the shiny new content before everyone else.
These aren't really very GOOD reasons, but a lot of people will feel that way.

Then there's the ones who want to be part of making the game better for everyone by testing everything out and hopefully finding any major problems before the can affects the live servers.
In my case I'd like to get in there to start being able to keep tabs of changes so various sites can have good information when the new act comes out thus making it easier for everyone to understand the game better. Like when I noticed Athleticism had been changed to Devotion, I updated the wiki to reflect that.

There's the chance to improve the game for everyone and thus make the environment one plays in better. Even if you're not active in participating in bug rundowns or the like, GGG still keeps useful tabs on things.
"
Vaydra wrote:
"
TwelveYears wrote:

FAQ in first post says 6-8 weeks

Lol, thanks Vaydra. I probably should of read the FAQ.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Vaydra wrote:
Those random Joe's are valuable testers, the same as everyone else and may end up buying mtx the same as everyone else.

How are they more valuable than anyone else?

"
Vaydra wrote:
Players that may be returning also would have valuable impressions to give to GGG on their Awakening playthrough experience compared to previous play.

Again I'm not saying "give only supporters access", I'm saying that I'm disappointed that supporters don't get at the very least slightly better odds.

Sounds like you had a bad week or day. No one knows what preference they have and if you want the game to do well we all should hope they pick the people with a lot of experience. Its selfish to want to get in just to be able to play or be preferred due to financial standing. Logically if we get some excellent testing done the beta will be over quicker which is optimal. You'll probably get in anyways, i didn't apply to get in and im sure others didn't... even though tons will :p
Definitions:
"
Can I copy my character across to the Closed Beta?

No. The purpose of the Beta is to test character progression in The Awakening.

It's possible that towards the end of the Beta we'll copy characters onto the realm for some specific reasons (PvP testing, etc), but this will be rare. Please do not ask us to have your character copied to the Beta realm.

"
Will there be character wipes during the Closed Beta?

Yes. We're expecting to make drastic balance changes during the Beta and will wipe characters and items from time to time. The data we record about player progression will be very useful. As the Beta gets older, the time between wipes will probably be longer. Don't get attached to your Beta characters!

OH PLEASE COPY THE CHARACTERs... I would laugh my ass off when they wipe the copies (and the originals).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info