Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

It would be really interesting to know how many people applied and how many people are eventually admitted.

I doubt we'll get that info, but it would be really interesting.
"
"
Terrestrialx wrote:
Guild Stash tabs are attached to the guilds that will not be carried over, correct? If I were to make a new guild in the closed beta, would I have access to the tabs I have already purchased for my current guild?

E.T.

*Nothing* will carry over from the Closed Beta server to Live. It's going to be a self-contained version of the game where everyone starts from nothing and will likely be returned to nothing quite regularly as part of the testing.

Given that guild expansion and management requires GGGold, and Live GGGold won't apply to the CB, I'm not sure how GGG will handle that. It's a temporary test realm, so maybe they'll figure out some sort of method of just giving people GGGold and not have any mtx on it? I'm really not sure. Either way, think of the Closed Beta as a totally different client/server as far as connection to the Live Server is concerned.

I understand that my guild will not carry over. The group that I play with is absolutely in love with the guild stashes. The amount of Normal stash tabs cought carry over, so I would just like to see our universal trading hub (the guild stash) to be accessible.

E.T.
"
"
Terrestrialx wrote:
Guild Stash tabs are attached to the guilds that will not be carried over, correct? If I were to make a new guild in the closed beta, would I have access to the tabs I have already purchased for my current guild?

E.T.

*Nothing* will carry over from the Closed Beta server to Live. It's going to be a self-contained version of the game where everyone starts from nothing and will likely be returned to nothing quite regularly as part of the testing.

Given that guild expansion and management requires GGGold, and Live GGGold won't apply to the CB, I'm not sure how GGG will handle that. It's a temporary test realm, so maybe they'll figure out some sort of method of just giving people GGGold and not have any mtx on it? I'm really not sure. Either way, think of the Closed Beta as a totally different client/server as far as connection to the Live Server is concerned.

Well, normal stash tabs will apparently carry over, so it's at least possible for them to do guilds and their tabs as well. Not sure if the guild tabs are really THAT important to test anything though, so if it takes any significant extra work to copy those over as well, I wouldn't count on it. Having the guilds themselves copied over probably WOULD be useful though.
Slightly offended that random Joe who's not given you a cent will have the same chance as some one who's supported you financially...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
"
Redblade wrote:
Slightly offended that random Joe who's not given you a cent will have the same chance as some one who's supported you financially...

As I prove pretty much every day, financial contribution does not correlate in the slightest with game experience or potential as a critical tester.

Nor does picking random people so don't see your point tbh. Not saying they should pick only supporters but there should be some advantage to actually paying for the development of said content.

I doubt GGG will change anything nor is it something I'd leave in a huff over, just wanted to convey my disappointment.

"
Redblade wrote:
"
"
Redblade wrote:

As I prove pretty much every day, financial contribution does not correlate in the slightest with game experience or potential as a critical tester.

Nor does picking random people so don't see your point tbh. Not saying they should pick only supporters but there should be some advantage to actually paying for the development of said content.

I doubt GGG will change anything nor is it something I'd leave in a huff over, just wanted to convey my disappointment.

You have pretty titles and mtxes and pets and stuff they don't. Ta-da! You got stuff they didn't because you paid.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Apologies for repetition if someone asked this already and I missed it. I'm curious about how deterministic lockstep works and wonder if GGG would consider doing a developer post about it at some point.

I found a basic explanation of the concept on this site ( http://gafferongames.com/networked-physics/deterministic-lockstep/ ) but I get the impression there's a lot more that could be said on the subject.
Spoiler
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:

DieAbolicaL you clever fk
กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ
"
Redblade wrote:

Those random Joe's are valuable testers, the same as everyone else and may end up buying mtx the same as everyone else.

Players that may be returning also would have valuable impressions to give to GGG on their Awakening playthrough experience compared to previous play.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"
Vaydra wrote:
Those random Joe's are valuable testers, the same as everyone else and may end up buying mtx the same as everyone else.

How are they more valuable than anyone else?

"
Vaydra wrote:
Players that may be returning also would have valuable impressions to give to GGG on their Awakening playthrough experience compared to previous play.

Again I'm not saying "give only supporters access", I'm saying that I'm disappointed that supporters don't get at the very least slightly better odds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info