Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

"
Baron01 wrote:
Can you gift beta key to someone? Let say before downloading the client without ever setting foot into 2.0 build. Please tell me it is possible!

There is so many sad people around forums these days that I would be obliged to gift my key, if I get it, to one of those sad creatures. Just to make their bleak day a bit brighter.

Way nice, I enjoyed giving away the keys that I got in the first CB.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:
I won't be signing up for the Act 4 beta. Beta testing is a duty, not a privilege.

Good luck to all the brave souls that will diligently report bugs to make the game better for the rest of us.

I approve of GGG's gameplan. Take your time and polish it. It's not THAT long of a wait, and we do have a reasonably accurate timetable of 6-8 weeks, unlike some other companies who remain tight-lipped with the lame "it'll be ready when it's ready"

I agree with this and the approach that GGG is taking.
I certainly want a polished product when it is released not some sh!tst@rm like D3's release was.
Cant wait for the new supporter packs.

Patience, Exile
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:

Patience, Exile

"Your wait is an illusion, Exile..." ^^
Last edited by JoannirLeoth on Apr 13, 2015, 7:48:33 PM
OMG i just got the key

Thx GGG now im ready
See ya in beta

"
DoubleU wrote:

Patience, Exile

"Your wait is an illusion, Exile..." ^^

My guess would be that the skill tree and jewels will be the biggest "illusion" -in the sense that they are the most radical.change to tjr game and may need a lot of tweaking, changing, moving etc. The skildrasil is already the most complex part of PoE, and is really what lets players turn skill gems and gear into an amazing build. That system is potentially gaining two orders of magnitude in complexity in PoE 2.0

That's what merits the beta, imo. Some theorycrafters have already pondered whether some aspects are under or over powered.
GGG wants the beta testers to thrash the new skill tree/jewels to see what is and isn't working the way GGG hoped it would.

Its doubt it is just balance issues GGG is testing. They have been working on rhis expansion for 4(?) years now, and they want it to be amazingly fun. If something isn't as exciting or impactful as hoped, it gives GGG a chance to breathe new life into it. Wirh a full btea test of the while game, I suspect GGG has done some smoothing out of the act 3 spike and the subsequent easy mode letdown that occurs when you start a new difficulty.

We will have to wait and see. As agonizing as it is to wait for this, I think the end result will be the Path of Exile that we have always hoped for.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Kingoko wrote:
OMG i just got the key

Thx GGG now im ready
See ya in beta

*hand waive* This is not the key you are looking for.
willl i be able to play old character ive made on the new patch or is gonna be a fresh start when game is released??
Guild Stash tabs are attached to the guilds that will not be carried over, correct? If I were to make a new guild in the closed beta, would I have access to the tabs I have already purchased for my current guild?

E.T.
Chris - No pressure, but I rearranged my schedule next week by taking some time off work. If a key doesn't make it to my inbox, well, feel guilty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info