Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

Really excited for this.

Does anyone know if there is any information about the rate at which the beta population will be scaled up after the initial beta testers are selected?
7 days to Act 4 -----------> HYPEEE
7 days to Closed beta --> EPIC FAIL

:)
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"
cgexile wrote:
A bit bummed out on how they approached this. Immediate hype followed by a quick "WTF." I totally get the reason for the beta but Act 4 is labeled as an "expansion" and if I recall, D2 and D3 released expansions without any sort of a prolonged public beta. I just bought the exp on release day, installed, and ready to resume the game.

Even though it's an "expansion," The way GGG and the media hype has positioned Act 4 is that because of Act 4, POE is basically a brand new game. The changes are so radical that it might have made more sense to title this "POE 2" over labeling it an "expansion."

If it was POE 2, all of this would have made a little more sense. I think a lot of the community assumed that when Act 4 rolls out they can just pick up where they left off. That obviously won't be the case for a couple of months.

Reign of Souls had a pretty substantial beta from what I understand. Dunno if Lord of Destruction did, but it was obviously a lot harder to do large-scale betas at the time.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Apr 13, 2015, 5:47:20 PM
"
Will there be a beta forum so people can contribute bugs and the like there?

In the past, this has been the case. More importantly, providing feedback and engaging in discussion about what works well (and too well) and what doesn't (or is bugged) is what a beta (and alpha) is all about, at least as I see it.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
Will accounts on beta be treated as 'completely new' or will the closed beta "remember" things like Whether we have a level 20-something character to allow trading (or whatever the breakpoint is) or whether we've 'freed the Scion'
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
I'm not reading 35 pages to see if anyone else put together the fact that the beta release is on 420.

As.I read the thread, I am surprised GGG doesn't add a new line ti the beta FAQ:

Those complaining about the beta will NOT be selected to beta test the Awakening.

Just wait until they actually get in!

"
Will there be character wipes during the Closed Beta?

Yes. We're expecting to make drastic balance changes during the Beta and will wipe characters and items from time to time. The data we record about player progression will be very useful. As the Beta gets older, the time between wipes will probably be longer. Don't get attached to your Beta characters!

Will Closed Beta characters be imported back into the main game afterwards?

No. At the end of the Closed Beta, all characters and items on that realm will be destroyed. There will be no permanent gameplay advantage associated with access to the beta other than the knowledge you gain by playing.

How much ya wanna bet many of these folks didn't read down this far before starting their complaint posts? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

How much ya wanna bet many of these folks didn't read down this far before starting their complaint posts? =^[.]^=

Why this fallacy? Even if people don't read this far, they read and mostly know what a beta test is...do you think they're stupid? oO

If you're not agree with those hot-tempered reactions (on which i'm joining you anyway) just react to serious posts
"
JoannirLeoth wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Why this fallacy? Even if people don't read this far, they read and mostly know what a beta test is...do you think they're stupid? oO

If you're not agree with those hot-tempered reactions (on which i'm joining you anyway) just react to serious posts

You were around for the first CB. Do you remember all the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth every time a wipe came around? Those people knew, too.

But it's clear, from many of the posts on this very thread, that people have, in fact, not familiarized themselves with what Chris posted, and I stand by my "fallacy." =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Apr 13, 2015, 6:36:36 PM
I won't be signing up for the Act 4 beta. Beta testing is a duty, not a privilege.

Good luck to all the brave souls that will diligently report bugs to make the game better for the rest of us.

I approve of GGG's gameplan. Take your time and polish it. It's not THAT long of a wait, and we do have a reasonably accurate timetable of 6-8 weeks, unlike some other companies who remain tight-lipped with the lame "it'll be ready when it's ready"
"
Raycheetah wrote:

But it's clear, from many of the posts on this very thread, that people have, in fact, not familiarized themselves with what Chris posted, and I stand by my "fallacy." =^[.]^=

That's more like it ^.^ I called it a fallacy because it seemed irrelevant, as as far as i'm concerned, the people you're talking about are a (loud) minority.

I shoudl get going now, I have a whole game of myself to dev. :)
Last edited by JoannirLeoth on Apr 13, 2015, 7:30:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info