Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Question about Intuitive Leap

"
Boem wrote:
You travel to the jewel node, this requires 2 extra points invested to socket this jewel, after that you still need the points to select the notables you desire.

No one has answered my question about whether the jewel is self-sustaining after you travel to it, though. Are you an alpha tester? No? I didn't think so.

If you can select intuitive leap and then cut of your path to it with N regret orbs and have it still be selected thanks to its own effect, then it is OP. Otherwise, I agree that it is not (as long as the radius is small enough).
"
"
Boem wrote:
You travel to the jewel node, this requires 2 extra points invested to socket this jewel, after that you still need the points to select the notables you desire.

No one has answered my question about whether the jewel is self-sustaining after you travel to it, though. Are you an alpha tester? No? I didn't think so.

If you can select intuitive leap and then cut of your path to it with N regret orbs and have it still be selected thanks to its own effect, then it is OP. Otherwise, I agree that it is not (as long as the radius is small enough).

For the jewel to be selected you need pathing that leads up to it. Read the jewel, you can select nodes without needing to pay the travel cost to them.

This effect only works if the jewel is socketed and linked in your passive tree.

I don't see what you don't understand about this or how it is illogical. What you say does not make sense in the current system and is not applicable to this situation.

One of the articles specifically mentions that you cannot continue pathing from an external node selected with intuitive leap. What you are suggesting is exactly this. Regret nodes leading up to the jewel node and then continue your pathing from that point forward, which was explicitly stated to be impossible.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by f4sak3n on Apr 11, 2015, 8:38:54 AM
There's limited sockets on the tree, so they can be strategically placed to prevent the most blatant abuses. Keystones are most likely out of reach.

There's also different base types of jewels, so maybe not all jewels can go in all sockets, further limiting the abuse and making balance easier.

There is no reason to panic too early :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
There's limited sockets on the tree, so they can be strategically placed to prevent the most blatant abuses. Keystones are most likely out of reach.

There's also different base types of jewels, so maybe not all jewels can go in all sockets, further limiting the abuse and making balance easier.

There is no reason to panic too early :)

Looks like there are no limitations as to jewel colors and where they can be put - in videos they put a blue (Cobalt) jewel into the socket closest to Ranger to show off that one unique bow.

My bet is that base types affect what mods can be rolled on jewels.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Spede_P wrote:

You can take an amazing amount of 4 notables without pathing to them, OpieOP GGG pls nerf.

Lets see how OP it is.

At first glance, it saves you 4 nodes.
However 2 nodes are used to get to the jewel slot.
So it saves 2 nodes.
But the jewel slot also has no benefit vs some other non-notable pathing node.
So it saves between 1-2 nodes.
However if you are pathing to another portion of the tree which is close to one of those notables, you will need to take a pathing node anyway.
So in the end it ends up saving you less than 1 passive node.

I was quite obviously being sarcastic there.
"
sidtherat wrote:
it is almost guaranteed that at some point there will be a way to increase the 'radius' of a gem.

That would certainly be logical as the quality bonus on a jewel, but I actually doubt that it will happen. They have to be aware of how much the radius will impact the power of these and be balancing them accordingly. If they are going to give any way to increase the radius, they would have to balance everything around the maximum possible range. And that in turn would probably make the default radius on a lot of them almost useless. Seems like it would be almost impossible to balance it properly for both. That radius is so crucial to balancing them that I don't think they could have it be variable.

When I saw Intuitive Leap, my first thought was that it would be almost insanely powerful, but the more I think about it and looking at the analysis other people have posted here, the more I have to think it probably isn't THAT overpowered. It could certainly be very useful in the right builds at the right spot, but it won't be completely game-breaking as long as they got the radius and socket placement right, relative to the positioning of other nodes. It'll save a few points of traveling in some places, but a lot of notables give an effect equal to that of 2-3 normal nodes anyway. This is definitely going to be one of the things that we need to test the hell out of though at least.
"
"
Boem wrote:

No, it is not self-sustaining after you travel to it (I can't recall which news coverage mentioned this, but one of them explicitly did).

Also, based on the radius that Leap has (at least without some future increase), it doesn't look like it will allow Mortal Conviction to the currently closest jewel socket node -- or that would be quite nice.

On a side note -- They have added a couple of extra "travel" nodes in a couple areas (unfortunately).
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
it is almost guaranteed that at some point there will be a way to increase the 'radius' of a gem.

That would certainly be logical as the quality bonus on a jewel, but I actually doubt that it will happen. They have to be aware of how much the radius will impact the power of these and be balancing them accordingly. If they are going to give any way to increase the radius, they would have to balance everything around the maximum possible range. And that in turn would probably make the default radius on a lot of them almost useless. Seems like it would be almost impossible to balance it properly for both. That radius is so crucial to balancing them that I don't think they could have it be variable.

When I saw Intuitive Leap, my first thought was that it would be almost insanely powerful, but the more I think about it and looking at the analysis other people have posted here, the more I have to think it probably isn't THAT overpowered. It could certainly be very useful in the right builds at the right spot, but it won't be completely game-breaking as long as they got the radius and socket placement right, relative to the positioning of other nodes. It'll save a few points of traveling in some places, but a lot of notables give an effect equal to that of 2-3 normal nodes anyway. This is definitely going to be one of the things that we need to test the hell out of though at least.

Now contemplate the fact it only roughly saves you 1 to 3 nodes in an optimal situation and a rare jewel provides the power of roughly 4 to 6 nodes(from the ones we have seen so far)

Not OP at all. Helpful and build enabling but that's where it ends.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Mortezzah wrote:
No, it is not self-sustaining after you travel to it (I can't recall which news coverage mentioned this, but one of them explicitly did).

Thank you. <Edited by support>
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Apr 11, 2015, 1:22:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info