Path of Exile: The Awakening (News Coverage)

And there goes all my spare time...
"
zhandarm wrote:
\Hope there will be one more lifequality change - in trade system.

I watched a few of those previews and no where did any one mention "trade".
Aaaaaaaw yeah!

It just keeps getting better, thanks GGG! May you never stop.

I always really enjoyed Chris' descriptions of the game when he's showing (it) off: "Typical Ranger, has a bow, shoots arrows, monsters die." Just plain beautiful.

Aaaaaaaw yeah!
Wow... The games going to a whole new level of customisation.
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
"
XvXReaperXvX wrote:

EXACTLY what i was thinking. in most (if not all) of the games of the genre, even with all the customization, in the end its just a few builds around. the jewel system (at least from what i could see in the videos) takes the customization to a completely new level, and when you make a build, its not "something someone already made", its actually something new!

gz to whoever thought of this
So much hate for the closed beta. I have no problem with it. Sounds like there are buckets of things that have to be worked out. What if there's a boss that always one-shots (and there probably is), there would be so much outcry. Wasn't there a post not too long ago where Chris said they prefer to start too hard, then ease back because it causes less problems in the long run? Now they're going to be doing that with an entire act. Plus the new netcode, plus the new jewels, plus what I'm sure is a reworked tree, plus 50(!) new items, plus the new skills, plus the new warcry mechanic, plus plus plus.

Not to mention that I'd be really surprised if we don't get at least one race season for those that aren't in the beta.
"
XvXReaperXvX wrote:

You should see if they'll make you another Beta Key for this period.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
With this reveal, you guys have delivered far above and beyond what I could have reasonably expected of you -- what anyone could have expected of you. I am once again immeasurably thankful that GGG even exists and thrives. Suffice it to say, I look forward to the release of the new Supporter Packs.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Not bad as birthday presents go.

Not sure whether I'll have time to give the closed beta a proper go; will have a look anyway.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
I haven't played PoE since January, but this sounds amazing. Unfortunately I'm kind of busy so it's not worth it to play the closed beta for me. I probably wouldn't have enough time to play and give appropriate feedback.
Can't wait for the awakening to go live!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info