Item Filters

My questions would be this (and apologies if this has already been asked / explained);

What would happen if there are two paramiters which contradict one another? So if i had;

Hide
Rarity <= Magic

Show
Base Type "Occulist's Vestment"

Would the script filter out all magic / white except the Occulist's Vestment, which could show at any rarity. Or does the first paramiter affect how the second works meaning only rare + vesments would show?

And as a follow up, is will there be a way to set x amount of show paramiters (however many is needed) then hide everything else? So;

Show
Loot I am looking for

Hide
Everything else

Very happy to see something like this GGG, well played.
"
Cusanorojo wrote:
My questions would be this (and apologies if this has already been asked / explained);

What would happen if there are two paramiters which contradict one another? So if i had;

Hide
Rarity <= Magic

Show

Would the script filter out all magic / white except the Occulist's Vestment, which could show at any rarity. Or does the first paramiter affect how the second works meaning only rare + vesments would show?

And as a follow up, is will there be a way to set x amount of show paramiters (however many is needed) then hide everything else? So;

Show
Loot I am looking for

Hide
Everything else

This is just the announcement, could people please wait till its actually in the game? All questions shall be answered in time.
"
"
Cusanorojo wrote:

Hide
Rarity <= Magic

Show

Show
Loot I am looking for

Hide
Everything else

This is just the announcement, could people please wait till its actually in the game? All questions shall be answered in time.

Too be honest, most of my questions are answered in the OP, seemed to make more sense to me after reading again. Basically answered my own questions haha.
I have a suggestion as a QOL improvement that would make life of summoners really better. Is there a way to select wich of your summons display life over its head? Cuz i see lots of bars when playing in party but cant distinguish those from my own.
"
arherter wrote:
I have a suggestion as a QOL improvement that would make life of summoners really better. Is there a way to select wich of your summons display life over its head? Cuz i see lots of bars when playing in party but cant distinguish those from my own.

You ask that in the item filter announcement? There is a gameplay help forum section.
"
Laminar_Flow1 wrote:
The excuse out of the gates that its too big to program, or too big to fit in the UI, is laughable.

This is the cheap fix. And that's it.

It caters to a small, vocal minority of people, while leaving the vast, silent majority outside wondering what the hell is going on.

'Cut and paste scripts' as the solution to those unable to figure out the script language, is a flunky one at best.

This is poor game design and even worse implementation.

GGG, you should have taken another 4 months, or more, and gotten this into the UI, properly.

A-fucking-MEN.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last edited by Elemenz on Apr 6, 2015, 11:17:27 AM
"
Elemenz wrote:
"
Laminar_Flow1 wrote:
The excuse out of the gates that its too big to program, or too big to fit in the UI, is laughable.

This is the cheap fix. And that's it.

It caters to a small, vocal minority of people, while leaving the vast, silent majority outside wondering what the hell is going on.

'Cut and paste scripts' as the solution to those unable to figure out the script language, is a flunky one at best.

This is poor game design and even worse implementation.

GGG, you should have taken another 4 months, or more, and gotten this into the UI, properly.

A-fucking-MEN.

If you got some loose change you can hire some coders to do this for GGG.
I have a serious question and maybe it was answered, but I didn't see it.

Are the filter files dynamic or static ?
Dynamic being, if I change the file the game doesn't have to be stopped and started to pick up my new filters.

Anyone have the answer to my question ?

Please say dynamic so that I can change my files on the fly... possibly polish my wrapper script to use the filter file as input output only. Otherwise why even bother, I can just as easily just edit the thing by hand at the time I want any adjustments.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Awesome GGG! I agree that some kind of gui integration would be nice however it's still awesome.

One thing though, I really hope you put in a HOTKEY which allows us to toggle the filter on/off globally. Gonna be a real pain if it's not there for testing purposes. Could be very useful in other situations as well.
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
I have a serious question and maybe it was answered, but I didn't see it.

Are the filter files dynamic or static ?
Dynamic being, if I change the file the game doesn't have to be stopped and started to pick up my new filters.

Anyone have the answer to my question ?

Please say dynamic so that I can change my files on the fly... possibly polish my wrapper script to use the filter file as input output only. Otherwise why even bother, I can just as easily just edit the thing by hand at the time I want any adjustments.

I dont think the game stops at all ever unless theres a server restart and patching going on. Filters would probably be changeable on the fly. But lets wait and see till its here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info