Item Filters

"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
I have a serious question and maybe it was answered, but I didn't see it.

Are the filter files dynamic or static ?
Dynamic being, if I change the file the game doesn't have to be stopped and started to pick up my new filters.

Anyone have the answer to my question ?

Please say dynamic so that I can change my files on the fly... possibly polish my wrapper script to use the filter file as input output only. Otherwise why even bother, I can just as easily just edit the thing by hand at the time I want any adjustments.

I dont think the game stops at all ever unless theres a server restart and patching going on. Filters would probably be changeable on the fly. But lets wait and see till its here.

yeah I get that the game server never stops, I meant the client as I'm pretty sure they are offloading the filtering portion to the clients to prevent malice on their servers.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
This is awesome!
sry but where can i write commands because in 1st post isnt location of file or something where i can write it
"
CONTO wrote:
sry but where can i write commands because in 1st post isnt location of file or something where i can write it

It's not in the game at the moment. Will be released with the big update 1.4, just wait a bit longer :)
I'm glad this is being addressed. I even like the 'script that shit yourself' approach you're taking with it, simply because of how flexible it can be for the player. It really does reek of poor design, though. Both the implementation, and the reason it needs to be implemented. Still an improvement. Probably even a better one than finally putting ilvl on the item. GGGGG
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
This is definitely looking as a good addition to the game. I must say scripting is not as comfortable and easy to use way but I understand the complexity of the filter. I hope there will be sticky somewhere on these forums with selection of scripts made by players for those less tech-savvy.

Looking forward to 1.4!
If you want to play around with Item Filters right now, I made a simple web app: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1239574
FilterCloud: https://filter.poe.gg
Filter Debugger: https://bschug.github.io/poedit/poedit.html
Last edited by gehirnmutant on Apr 6, 2015, 7:24:03 PM
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 11:21:29 AM
I believe an option to set the volume would also be highly desirable. I occasionally miss a drop when I don't hear the sound being played (using tornado shot). If not, at the very least I hope the sound volume is always 100% so we can adjust other volumes accordingly. Seriously wondering how many mirrors have been missed because of this.
Last edited by greatwhitepine on Apr 7, 2015, 3:22:59 AM
"
Baron01 wrote:
This is definitely looking as a good addition to the game. I must say scripting is not as comfortable and easy to use way but I understand the complexity of the filter. I hope there will be sticky somewhere on these forums with selection of scripts made by players for those less tech-savvy.

Looking forward to 1.4!

"
Jonathan wrote:
For a long time, Path of Exile players have requested some way to filter items. We were always resistant to this because the parameters of such an item filter would have to be so complicated that we couldn't reasonably make a user interface to support them.

For example, a lot of players want a way to filter out Magic and Normal items. This would be fine, but they still also want to see base item types above level 70. And currency. But not scrolls because they have enough of those. And maps. And any item with 20% quality. But any gem that has quality is good too. And any item with 6 sockets. And any item with 5 or more linked sockets.

As you can see, the array of UI options that we would have to provide to allow the specific filtering requirements of every player would be completely impractical.

The filter would be super easy to implement in a gui aside from the fact that the proper programming controls might not exist (GGG might have to create a couple new ones). It would work very much like the noticeboard except that when new items are added they are added to the end of the queue. Rules processing would not need to be modified in any significant manner. Side by side dropdown boxes would suffice... choose your first option (show/hide) and the content of the next option box changes accordingly (so we don't have to choose between too many options - KISS). Add another dropdown for the third tier of options, a conditional 4th dropdown for =, >=, <=, != as well as a conditional textbox for the actual value of the option. Put an "add rule" button at the end and away we go. There are other ways to go about it but relatively speaking the job is pretty small (compared to programming the logic and graphics for a 3d AARPG) and easy to implement IMO.
Last edited by greatwhitepine on Apr 7, 2015, 4:26:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info