Item Filters

"
Lordkoon wrote:
I hope I am wrong but the fact that the last time I had to type commands inside a game to execute something was somewhat 10 years ago (mostly games where you 'develop' a certain type of gameplay in it e.g. shooters with special map rules) I have my reservations.

p.s. no idea what an oss script is but I wonder if it is enabling something in the game that would benefit players and can be counted as a quality of life improvement. Well after I googled it that kinda proves my point about new players joining the game in later stages after such scripts are released and have no idea about them. ;)

While I agree to the point that there could be a simplifyed version ingame, I disagree that there should not be extra tweaking and stuff not implemented in the game ui. And about the script: CS:GO and Dota 2 habe custom config files that are only used with startup parameters / via console ingame. These are fairly new games. I think it is great to have this kind of options.

You have argued that new players won't find this kind of stuff. To that I can replay that new players probably won't care about an item displaying in a different color or not showing while others do. Heck they won't even notice the always show item text toggle don't get me startet on the vendor recipes. This game gets a ton of replayability through extra stuff not described in game via tutorial. The argument that this is not noob friendly is a choice made and a path gone by choice not by disability.

Imagine new players who get into the game find out that this game has a TON of stuff not described and hidden untill they progress and learn more about the game. That adds value and is stuff new players won't care anyway. That would be too complicated for noobs who just want to get going.

And looking at the case from a programmer perspective this kind of scripts are the icing on the cake on a great game with a ton of depht.
Last edited by TheCellch on Apr 5, 2015, 8:44:57 AM
Just noticed this thread, OMG! This is wonderful!
Being programmer myself, I am perfectly fine with scripts, building in-game interface for this is way too much hassle. And yet I can relate to those who find it hard to write scripts themselves. But here comes your salvation - community! By making external scripts GGG leave the door for third party extensions wide open. I am pretty sure such extensions will come out soon and with better interface than I or even GGG can possible think of :)
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
"
geradon wrote:
"
And if you dont like it, dont use it.

most useless argument ever in a mainly competitional environment. if it helps you recognizing this high level orb, it's a must have

Since when do we compete here? I play for fun not for profit nor for rank.
Where's the filter to Show chromatic sockets (RBG linked)?

Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Where's the filter to Show chromatic sockets (RBG linked)?

It's in there, you can set filters to show links and specific socket colors.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I just hope they make it into the option page like a android setting tab with slide bars etc.
Ain't nobody got time fo dis shieet, typing letters making your own custom file that you wanna change on the fly??
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
The excuse out of the gates that its too big to program, or too big to fit in the UI, is laughable.

This is the cheap fix. And that's it.

It caters to a small, vocal minority of people, while leaving the vast, silent majority outside wondering what the hell is going on.

'Cut and paste scripts' as the solution to those unable to figure out the script language, is a flunky one at best.

This is poor game design and even worse implementation.

GGG, you should have taken another 4 months, or more, and gotten this into the UI, properly.
"

Poor does not mean useless though. And I think that script filtering thing is quite good and we will surely see coming from the community utilities that generate scripts from a simple UI interface (same as Procurement ©).

So don't worry all, if it's not integrated in the game's UI we will have some tools to help people write those scripts. :)
Last edited by Arachnéa on Apr 5, 2015, 3:33:57 PM
"
Laminar_Flow1 wrote:
The excuse out of the gates that its too big to program, or too big to fit in the UI, is laughable.

This is the cheap fix. And that's it.

It caters to a small, vocal minority of people, while leaving the vast, silent majority outside wondering what the hell is going on.

'Cut and paste scripts' as the solution to those unable to figure out the script language, is a flunky one at best.

GGG, you should have taken another 4 months, or more, and gotten this into the UI, properly.

Then they would have people QQ over the UI not having enough filter options. Yeah, sounds worth spending more time on while they also have 6 more acts to work on and a bunch of expansions. This way they get to work on other stuff more and can let us copy paste scripts for easy loot filtering.
You guys just made my day !
Freakin' Awesome !

Even more than the usual Freakin' Awesome !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info