Item Filters

"
geradon wrote:
"
And i would like to think they store it server side so they have more control.

you mean "a bigger attack vector"? nope, don't think you will have unencrypted communication with the server ever.

what's the max lines a script can have anyway? i've seen script templates going over multiple pages already.
what about letting the player setup simple scripts themselves in a "learning instance"?

Please no. More work than needed. We get some scripts i guess from GGG and then its copy and paste. if you have such problems with that i suggest you dont use the filter at all.
Loot filtering is only half the problem. The other issue is accidentally picking up non highlighted items. Is there going to be any way to solve that? Without solving the 2nd part.. the first part is barely helpful besides eliminating visual distractions.
Last edited by rob16437 on Apr 5, 2015, 5:25:00 AM
is it possible to filter for socket colors? SockedGroup whill do that trick.
Is it also possible to filter for max roles, max stats?
Last edited by TheCellch on Apr 5, 2015, 11:44:24 AM
What year are we that a player has to write scripts for things that can be implemented in 1 filter menu within the game itself. That is not very user-friendly. Don't get me wrong, I play for 2 months and the game is great, but some of the designed stuff seems waaay older than it should be and this script adding instead of actual ingame menu seems a bit odd of a choice for 2013-15 game. Just my thoughts.
"
Lordkoon wrote:
What year are we that a player has to write scripts for things that can be implemented in 1 filter menu within the game itself. That is not very user-friendly. Don't get me wrong, I play for 2 months and the game is great, but some of the designed stuff seems waaay older than it should be and this script adding instead of actual ingame menu seems a bit odd of a choice for 2013-15 game. Just my thoughts.

Another one who doesnt know copy and paste?

Lets make it easy:

There, now do that with scripts and youre all set.

And if you dont like it, dont use it.

And can it really get any more user friendly than copy and paste? I mean how many dropdown menus would we need to satisfy everyones needs when it comes to item filters? Some want only red sockets and others only blue sockets but then we have the ones with blue and red and we have people who want green sockets but only 6S and so on. The UI would have a million dropdowns and selections.
"
"
Lordkoon wrote:

And can it really get any more user friendly than copy and paste? I mean how many dropdown menus would we need to satisfy everyones needs when it comes to item filters? Some want only red sockets and others only blue sockets but then we have the ones with blue and red and we have people who want green sockets but only 6S and so on. The UI would have a million dropdowns and selections.

Spare me your sadistically bad sarcasm. Copy/pasting a script will still require you to tweak it to your liking and as you yourself pointed out with so many options available imagine the time it would put on to it. So what do I write if I want to see only red sockets? Only blue ones? A combination of both or a trio? What about players that join the game in the future? How would they know such feature exists if it ends up outside of the game in some distant forum topic with a guide(and even so, not everyone visits forums for that matter) without a notice menu about it inside? What everyone search for is fairly the same. The filter mustn't be endless combinations of dropdown menues. How about one for item level adjustment or even better a small number (xx) infront of item's name with the item level, one for recepie value items, one for currency and one for socket colours. All of them having 5-6 options to choose from or tick doesnt seem like a ton of required coding.

Also respect other peoples' opinion. That was mine and I don't want to turn it into a discussion for no reason. Years have taught me what forum 'discussions' turn into.
Last edited by Lordkoon on Apr 5, 2015, 7:00:53 AM
"
Lordkoon wrote:
"
"
Lordkoon wrote:

Spare me your sadistically bad sarcasm. Copy/pasting a script will still require you to tweak it to your liking and as you yourself pointed out with so many options available imagine the time it would put on to it. So what do I write if I want to see only red sockets? Only blue ones? A combination of both or a trio? What about players that join the game in the future? How would they know such feature exists if it ends up outside of the game in some distant forum topic with a guide(and even so, not everyone visits forums for that matter) without a notice menu about it inside? What everyone search for is fairly the same. The filter mustn't be endless combinations of dropdown menues. How about one for item level adjustment or even better a small number (xx) infront of item's name with the item level, one for recepie value items, one for currency and one for socket colours. All of them having 5-6 options to choose from or tick doesnt seem like a ton of required coding.

Also respect other peoples' opinion. That was mine and I don't want to turn it into a discussion for no reason. Years have taught me what forum 'discussions' turn into.

You do not have to tweak scripts given to you from others. Others can basically do all the work for you. You think i wrote or tweaked my /oos script? No, i just pasted it in ahk and put the key i wanna use in there, and done.

You can have your own opinion, but you have to consider you could be wrong.
I hope I am wrong but the fact that the last time I had to type commands inside a game to execute something was somewhat 10 years ago (mostly games where you 'develop' a certain type of gameplay in it e.g. shooters with special map rules) I have my reservations.

p.s. no idea what an oss script is but I wonder if it is enabling something in the game that would benefit players and can be counted as a quality of life improvement. Well after I googled it that kinda proves my point about new players joining the game in later stages after such scripts are released and have no idea about them. ;)
Last edited by Lordkoon on Apr 5, 2015, 7:42:20 AM
YEAH!

Summon Chaos Golem! - without highlight ;>

Show
AllNewGemsAndSupportGems

:)
"
And if you dont like it, dont use it.

most useless argument ever in a mainly competitional environment. if it helps you recognizing this high level orb, it's a must have
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info