Item Filters

i read through 20 to 30 pages, all posts in favour of these customizable item filters.
am i the only one who saw it as a intended challenge to lookout for your preferred items?

sure, having so much items that it fills the screen completely and sometimes even prevents you from dropping items is wrong but is not related to this challenge, it's rather ggg not putting a cap on items to drop or a wrong scaling factor for item quantity.

is micromanagement the next challenge to be gone?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
i read through 20 to 30 pages, all posts in favour of these customizable item filters.
am i the only one who saw it as a intended challenge to lookout for your preferred items?

sure, having so much items that it fills the screen completely and sometimes even prevents you from dropping items is wrong but is not related to this challenge, it's rather ggg not putting a cap on items to drop or a wrong scaling factor for item quantity.

is micromanagement the next challenge to be gone?

Not every challenge is a good challenge.
Just because it's hard to eat a cactus doesn't mean I am a pussy for not willing to eat a cactus.
This is good, its one of the only things I was really annoyed with, having to spend so much time just trying to pick up shit to ID after ghosting a rare pack on torment.

Looks like GGG is seeing that being annoying just to be annoying is fucking gay and no one enjoys it.

Next up please move currency sounds to it's own sound volume slider so I can turn off combat shit and still hear currency. Some skills are fucking loud for no reason.
BFD.
Wish there was a script preview for this so we could try out our scripts!
IGN RegnetExitium
"
Roleplayer wrote:

it surely makes botting a shitload easier because they can cancel their efforts on searching the screen for items they want to pick up.

err, sry, don't want to spoil the show. i like this feature and how nerdy i got implemented but i can't resist trying to see all side of this change.

Last edited by vio on Apr 4, 2015, 1:44:40 PM
"
geradon wrote:
"
Roleplayer wrote:

it surely makes botting a shitload easier because they can cancel their efforts on searching the screen for items they want to pick up.

Lol, you don't know a second thing about botting, mate. If PoE bots are anything like any other bots ever - they already have builtin itemfilters that you can edit, so this change is making literally no effect on them. =)
"
Roleplayer wrote:
they already have builtin itemfilters that you can edit, so this change is making literally no effect on them. =)

may be, for existing ones. but overall it's not the topic i want to discuss here.
I hope they give us an extra day to play around with new settings before new leagues start
u can create interface for this in the options menu...seriously surprised u thought it had to be necessary to do it ingame lol. below is just a very rudimentary example with rudimentary prog lang ofc. u can do the whole dam thing with a beginning pulldown menu and pulldown sliders(that use a scrollwheel).

--first use "onleftclick" pulldown menu select etc. (this creates a "pulldownlist" of selectable variables to filter)
--when selecting filter option just pulldown sliders show up next to it of available variables (each having small "close" x to turn off "onleftclick" those variables. (this reduces overall size of the list and its width)
--"onmouseover" pops up tooltip to display variables. (allows u to have a named filter option with just pulldown bars showing) = no clutter (reduces width)
--use check-boxes auto selected "true" to "show" unchecked = "false"
--color pallet (pulldown slider) that changes the color of the filtered text selected in the pulldown menu.(which intern does the same for filter option ingame)
--at the end of each filter option up down arrows on top of each other to move it up or down "to establish an order of filter rules"

to complete ur option "onrightclick" new one pops up under it "(oncomplete) create new + add X" to allow it to be deleted.

max of only 254 options ofc^^
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Apr 4, 2015, 4:07:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info