Doeboy's LA/Frenzy Bower 🌟 Insane Off+Def Stats 🌟 (✿ ◕‿◕) Meet me in the Hall of Grandmaster!

"
allsunsdawn wrote:
Damnit Doe... keep reading this guide and decided I'm clobbering together a budget-y version of this with what I got. Haven't played Ranger since 1.3 so I got that itch again. I need to find a nice eva chest T_T

Maybe the items will help out the budget section a little bit and help people decide on how to gear.

if u can get res on the rings / amulet, you could use the new hyrris (or how its called^^ old accro chest) or the new unqiue - lioneye's chest, running a 7L aoe attack!
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Aug 3, 2015, 11:33:16 AM
"
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
Damnit Doe... keep reading this guide and decided I'm clobbering together a budget-y version of this with what I got. Haven't played Ranger since 1.3 so I got that itch again. I need to find a nice eva chest T_T

Maybe the items will help out the budget section a little bit and help people decide on how to gear.

if u can get res on the rings / amulet, you could use the new hyrris (or how its called^^ old accro chest) or the new unqiue - lioneye's chest, running a 7L aoe attack!

Yeah, I'm gonna have to play around with some of the gear to my liking.

New Hyrri's is definitely interesting though. I'll have more time this weekend to get some stuff together.

Most gear I have is pretty cheap though, doing stuff on paper atm for resists, can come close to capping with:

Spoiler

Rest of the supporting gear:
Spoiler

Would need 1 Jewel with Fire Resist to cap things off, which is okay for the most part.

Can use Legacy Koam or I was going to start hunting for a 6L Hyrri.

Belt is actually open since I don't need the Resists, been thinking about a Headhunter, and I've also been staring at this Immortal Flesh for the past 5 minute while going through my stash...

Anyhow will update this when I make the build, prolly this weekend. Been drifting between this and playing Voltaxic, but now that Thornflesh is gone, this build is much more attractive. And I haven't played LA ever.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 4, 2015, 1:27:38 AM
"
dont get this wrong, but FA doesnt add damage to your attack! it adds aps, and u dont stand afk for secounds and shoot, a ranger is hit and run designed!

Well for your mirrored gear character yeah that is probably how it's done, but like I said for people with regular gear and normal damage range, completely not true.

Nobody said anything about standing afk for a minute and shooting. But for people with lower damage it's almost a sure thing they are shooting twice per pack. Which means, faster attacks is essentially a 54% damage boost. Obviously it doesn't add damage directly, but it makes clear speed way WAY faster, so it's all the same thing in the end.

Your guide is clearly optimized for your mirrored gear and congrats, well put together. But if you ever do decide to make a budget section, you might want to ask people who have actually played a budget character. Doesn't seem like you really know what you're talking about with regards to game mechanics and what all means from the perspective of a 10-15K damage character. 0.02$
"
VixTrader wrote:
"
dont get this wrong, but FA doesnt add damage to your attack! it adds aps, and u dont stand afk for secounds and shoot, a ranger is hit and run designed!

Well for your mirrored gear character yeah that is probably how it's done, but like I said for people with regular gear and normal damage range, completely not true.

Nobody said anything about standing afk for a minute and shooting. But for people with lower damage it's almost a sure thing they are shooting twice per pack. Which means, faster attacks is essentially a 54% damage boost. Obviously it doesn't add damage directly, but it makes clear speed way WAY faster, so it's all the same thing in the end.

Your guide is clearly optimized for your mirrored gear and congrats, well put together. But if you ever do decide to make a budget section, you might want to ask people who have actually played a budget character. Doesn't seem like you really know what you're talking about with regards to game mechanics and what all means from the perspective of a 10-15K damage character. 0.02$

has nothing to do with mirror gear, i dont have attackspeed on a single gearpiece. Also the most budget bow players will use a Rat's Nest which is allready providing additional attackspeed. stacking it to far will result in big mana issues. we also talking about the single target attack. point blank is nice against reflect, it does less dmg if u are far away from the target aswell. if u face a boss where u just cant get close then u should ofc switch that support for a more range effective one. but game mechanics really? more attacks > more mana > with low gear/dmg == not enough leech.
path of aps is gone, dont get blinded by stupid tooltips, u will need good hit damage to sustain ur leechrates, and that the plan behind picking up your support gems. attackspeed is fine, get it on jewels if u can, the tree also provides it, so does bloodrage/frenzy charges.
got enough ppl PMing me about this, and after leaving FA as a possible switch in option they said it'S way better, in points of mana controling and leech.

iam ofc talking only about the single target, for aoe there is just no room for FA, also its not needed

"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"
"
allsunsdawn wrote:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to play around with some of the gear to my liking.

New Hyrri's is definitely interesting though. I'll have more time this weekend to get some stuff together.

Most gear I have is pretty cheap though, doing stuff on paper atm for resists, can come close to capping with:

Spoiler

Rest of the supporting gear:
Spoiler

Would need 1 Jewel with Fire Resist to cap things off, which is okay for the most part.

Can use Legacy Koam or I was going to start hunting for a 6L Hyrri.

Belt is actually open since I don't need the Resists, been thinking about a Headhunter, and I've also been staring at this Immortal Flesh for the past 5 minute while going through my stash...

Anyhow will update this when I make the build, prolly this weekend. Been drifting between this and playing Voltaxic, but now that Thornflesh is gone, this build is much more attractive. And I haven't played LA ever.

this is some nice setup there, hopefully u can get it complete soon and give us a feedback :)

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Aug 4, 2015, 8:13:33 AM
"
this is some nice setup there, hopefully u can get it complete soon and give us a feedback :)

Think hardest part is gonna be the Jewels.

Was working on SWT when I started in 2.0, so used ~2 Tabs of Alts and various numbers of Regal/Scour/Exa to craft 4 Jewel Slots. Not a whole lot left for the second character sadly. For some reason seems harder to craft the Viridian Jewels, not sure if this is what others are experiencing.

Two decent, two bad but passable:

But should be good. May only use 3 Jewel and save traveling towards the Scion tree for the last one until 100 (huehuehue)

Had to take Spirit Void cluster atm since I do not have Mana Leech, but should be okay

More to come, may need to buy some Jewels

Originally from calculations, will need to use PCOC Gem and Increased Critical Strikes in conjunction with another Crit Jewel or so to Crit Cap with this... unfortunate bow I have ^^
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 5, 2015, 12:16:29 AM
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"

Think hardest part is gonna be the Jewels.

Was working on SWT when I started in 2.0, so used ~2 Tabs of Alts and various numbers of Regal/Scour/Exa to craft 4 Jewel Slots. Not a whole lot left for the second character sadly. For some reason seems harder to craft the Viridian Jewels, not sure if this is what others are experiencing.

Two decent, two bad but passable:

But should be good. May only use 3 Jewel and save traveling towards the Scion tree for the last one until 100 (huehuehue)

Had to take Spirit Void cluster atm since I do not have Mana Leech, but should be okay

More to come, may need to buy some Jewels

Originally from calculations, will need to use PCOC Gem and Increased Critical Strikes in conjunction with another Crit Jewel or so to Crit Cap with this... unfortunate bow I have ^^

i usually aim for 92%cc or higher, so in that region u should be fine,
Kraken jewel is very nice, Bow modifiers are super rare it seems, still not 100% happy with my jewels myself, i really dont want the Attackspeed, it just causes mana issues, prefer HP on them

Is it important to have weapon elemental damage in your gear?
"
zubirig wrote:
Is it important to have weapon elemental damage in your gear?

if using LA as main skill it's very important, also it scales very well with the auras

Can someone explain to me the benefit/cons of using GMP over LMP in Lightning Arrow builds?

Thanks
"
banaaantje wrote:
Can someone explain to me the benefit/cons of using GMP over LMP in Lightning Arrow builds?

Thanks

more aoe, but if your gear/dmg cant sustain the costs with leech, take lmp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info