New Skill Development - Vigilant Strike

Just curious... is this going to be exactly the same as current damage reduction or could this be a more global damage reduction? I only ask because physical damage is really not an issue for melee builds... spells and elemental damage are the prime issue.

Either way, looks cool. A melee guy with dedicated gear could hit 85-90% reduction, so Fortify will lower the gear requirements and allow for easier 95% reduction setup. I've wanted an End charge consumption skill for awhile, so can't wait!
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Mar 31, 2015, 1:25:13 AM
GGG, please consider that there will be build using this skill as a primery one.

Just getting 6 or 7 endurance charges with multistrike ( i dont know if it takes 3 end charges with it or 1) and going for big burn prolif, or simply a lot of damage will be insane.
You have a built-in RT, 165% damage, so BIG hit and you get 25% dmg mitigation.

Paired with the endurance charge mitigation, you'll have a killing machine which will be
nearly impossible to kill.
let's say 5 end charges = 20% dmg mitigation + 25 - 45% / putting on a lightning coil will
drastically improve this and the resists from the endurance charges will comlement the coil.

I feel endurance and fortify kinda same effect ... can anyone different both of them?

to GGG, any improve on summoner mechanics? >_<
Thumbs up!!!!!
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
Nicely done! Silly simple question... Am I right to assume that with dual wields, this gem will act more like Heavy Strike (alternate attacks) than Dual Strike?

Thanks!
Fortify+Multistrike+endu charge on melee stun+Melee physical damage+stun

wowowow

and Lol!
i called it yesterday on Global 5055 ask " Do you think GGG will ever add a skill like Diablo2's concentrate
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 31, 2015, 1:59:09 AM
reminds me of good old phase run which also had kind of cool down and buffed the first melee attack. but this one has nicer graphics.

i would have put melee buff in a flask affix.

in every case it will be interesting for players who do mf culling strikes on bosses.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 31, 2015, 4:16:42 PM
That Goat Punch!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
What about smashing strikes? critical staff builds very well may flood the meta. 'static strike' and 'sweep' builds with the support effect of this gem would be good in theory but most likely players will slap it in a leap slam, hope for a crit, and hit enduring cry then use 'vigilant strike' and pray you have enough crit to keep the endurance charges up. it might be fun if you get a decent enough staff and can clear with leap slam alone and only need 'vigilant strike' for taking out rares and bosses and the occasional tough blue pack. Question: how does it affect the mjolnir build? Crit 'Ground slam' could make for a good ZZZ build.

Only High end damage builds will be able to access an ecoms build, which is just not available to the average mid tier player and in HC with the absolute need to build defensive early game and in early maps will just not have the damage to generate the endurance charges to continue attacking.

'Fortify buff' itself to mitigate ranged characters from swapping and making it useful for even with a melee build should be on quite a short duration; unless of course you mean to begin to promote hybrid melee/caster staff builds ;).

My thoughts,making it a stacking bonus, kind of like a reverse 'old shock stacks' mechanic. this would discourage casters from spending the time to get the full effect and encourage melee builds to keep the stacks up.
Woah this looks so awesome!

'Endurance charge on melee stun' is about to get so popular!
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info