New Skill Development - Vigilant Strike

sweet skill animation
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
Well, skill looks badass, problem tho is we don't know how endurance charge generation will work in next patch, with all those warcries.

Tho happy to see Str version of Discharge/Flicker Strike.

I think we are getting back to roots, like old discharge worked. Curse -> Enduring Cry -> Discharge
Thank You Rory for the in-depth insight! :)
This would be sick! :D just like the counter to Flicker Strike and Cold Snap.
Hmm, finally maybe melee builds can be worth and fun again! :D

Will be so broken with mjölner and atziri facetanking :D
Last edited by Sweellman on Mar 31, 2015, 3:06:12 AM
Vigilant strike + melee splash is going to be OP
Don't fear the death,
Don't fear the life.
No death
no life.
~Standard League
It's a bit hard to guess how good it will be because the meta will probably change a lot in 1.4 (or whatever it is named), but if I look at it from the current meta, it seem very powerful and can be used in a lot of way. And we don't even know what the quality do yet.

As a buff only, with all increased duration passives and the gem you can have it 21s, which is probably a bit too much to be considered melee only. Since it's probably a buff, with inner force and devotion the damage reduction become 31%.

As a melee attack, I can see a lot of ways to use it:

Obviously in a stun build (endurance charge on melee stun), but it won't be as good as heavy strike because it have built-in stun. Maybe a tanky alternative that have a harder time to stunlock bosses.

Physical and elemental builds (crit or not), with the 1.65 multiplier that work with both, the 100% chances to hit and the damage reduction, working around the cooldown is worth it. The main problem is the aoe.

COC, 100% chances to hit is incredible for that. With 95% chance to crit and 85% chances to hit, your actual chances to do a crit are 68.6. Since you ignore the accuracy you can focus more on crit/multiplier/attack speed/damages/etc. Just like with a vagan weapon. And the synergy with voll's devotion and voll's protector (wich are already used by most of the discharge coc builds) is huge.

And more importantly it add another layer of defences. We all know how effective layers are, and this buff will be added on top of whatever defence you already have.
And the synergy with daresso's defiance in an accro/eva build...

Edit: I can also see a lot of melee builds using it with their movement skill in a 4L: vigilant strike, whirling blade/leap slam, increased duration, faster attack.
Last edited by Frolamiz on Mar 31, 2015, 3:21:26 AM
Looks awesome :)
Ign Nicolai
Fortify..
Fort..
Star shaped effect...
must have been inspired by

Yeah and another thing.
How about reduce the chance to ignite with this kill to 0?
I dont want another 1hit burn prolif builds:(
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
Last edited by Moeeom123 on Mar 31, 2015, 3:30:55 AM
From the comment that GGG made about "game synchronization problems" I'm being led to believe that no actual fixes to desync will be made, and that we'll still all be spamming /oos every 10 seconds?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info