New Skill Development - Vigilant Strike

I see myself building a Vigilant Strike Dagger Shadow soon. Romira's Banquet + Voll's Devotion should keep your endurance charges topped off right? Maybe start off with an Incinerate + EC to build up your initial charges, but you shouldn't need to do any other charge maintenance after that original buff. Warlords Mark will probably be the curse I go with. If I decide to go double curse I will go Warlords + Assassin's Mark.

Maybe a staff build with Vigilante Strike + Melee Splash + Fast Attacks + Endurance on Stun + Melee physical damage. Should be pretty easy to focus on Crit in the tree, and (theoretically) get an EC with every mob attacked. This might be a little cheaper of a build, but I think that Romira's+Volls Devotion will have an easier time maintaining charges.
Haven't read passed the first page, but I'm going to guess this is a cruel aprils fools joke. We all know how bad melee needs something like this, especially after the shield nerfs.
IGN: Narbays
[Wrong thred]
Last edited by RootCookie on Apr 3, 2015, 1:52:59 PM
Melee definitely needed some help.
Pro tip: How about you guys actually lower monster damage and rework armor formula? This will not help one shots / stupid spikes. Melee has to actually use only one skill to survive now ... well done.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Apr 4, 2015, 12:01:38 PM
"
Don't worry, unarmed builds have got other toys coming!

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public/news/31-03-2015/GoatPunch.gif
lol I didn't even notice the URL on the "!" first time reading through :D
It all looks super neet and nice... But isn't Static strike already a 187% (110% + 70% of 110% on singletargets) damage effekcive attack already?!. - with more or less no downside to the big attack effektiveness??... And it ALSO has a huge free AOE, that is easely enhanced with just 1-3 passive skill points?, and its also pretty good at giving off 50% extra damage shock stacks.. . So why would i use somethin with only 165% damage that is purely singletarget? ..
Maybe considder nerfing static strike, or bring other skills up to par, because i have a hard time gettin entutiastic about other stuff atm...
That said, new skills looks fantastic, but by my calculations, its not the highest damage skill? or what am i missin?
"
auraforlaura wrote:
So why would i use somethin with only 165% damage that is purely singletarget? ..
because:
1)It gives flat phys reduction
2)If you go phys damaga then 165% base damage should be better than Static's 110%phys+70%light.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Apr 8, 2015, 3:34:25 AM
"
silumit wrote:
"
auraforlaura wrote:
So why would i use somethin with only 165% damage that is purely singletarget? ..
because:
1)It gives flat phys reduction
2)If you go phys damaga then 165% base damage should be better than Static's 110%phys+70%light.

With 100% increased physical damage.

The trash skill linked in this post would do 330% weapon damage ( with a four second cooldown bypassed by removing your physical damage reduction endurance charges ).

While Static Strike would do 374% , because the light damage is converted , not a bonus. Of which 41% ish would be AOE.

And Molten Strike would do 456% average single target weapon damage or 672% weapon damage vs big hitboxes (act bosses, Brutus etc ).

With a fairly normal 300% increased physical. This trash skill would do 495% weapon damage ; Static Strike would do 561% weapon damage of which 41% would be AOE ; Molten Strike would do 684% vs small hitboxes or 1008% weapon damage vs large hitboxes , or 1008% weapon damage vs medium hitboxes with concentrated effect.

This skill is bad , like the vast majority of melee skills, except molten and static strike. The buff is great, but the opportunity cost of having something so bad gemmed in your gear is too big.
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
Yea. That was my point... I am not saying the skill is bad... I am just saying that, claiming its the single biggest damage effektiveness is simple put WRONG.. the other facets of the skill might make it worthwile, but im doubting it so far. It looks like it will be very interesting - BUT . The highest singletarget damage skill? NO, it would seem that its not. - it would even seem to be surpassed by aoe damage skills. Still i like the concept so far.
- ofcause we do not know how it levels. but even if it gets more %increased per level, like heavy strike. static strike still does more singletarget damagee. Just pointing it out

" ...We made the skill the highest single hit damage of any weapon skill, at the cost of having a short cooldown..."

it's like: No, you didn't !. that' is just factually wrong? Or what am i missin?
Last edited by auraforlaura on Apr 9, 2015, 11:46:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info